P.F.
Super May 2018

Still bring cash? -ANSWERED-

P.F., on October 24, 2017 at 2:13 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 7
Saved Save

My friend is getting married this weekend and I had already shipped her a gift off her registry thinking I wouldn't be able to go to the wedding. Plans changed so now I'm going (yes she knows and is prepared, this was decided in time) and I'm wondering do I still need to show up with at least a card with cash? I can't really afford to spend more but I don't want to be rude.

7 Comments

• JennV
    Master October 2017
    JennV ·
    • Flag

If you got her a wedding gift, I would just bring a card and say her gift will be arriving at home.

• CaboBride2018
    VIP May 2018
    CaboBride2018 ·
    • Flag

No, a registry gift is perfectly acceptable.

• S
    Savvy October 2017
    Sheryl ·
    • Flag

I would say no. A gift is a gift it doesn't matter when it is given.

ETA: bring a card if you want but I wouldn't put cash in it.

• WooPigSooie
    Devoted June 2020
    WooPigSooie ·
    • Flag

No you already got a gift, no need to get anything else. But you could get them a card for the wedding day if you want.

• P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag

Okay thank you everyone. That makes me feel a lot better. I already bought the card so I'll just leave out the cash Smiley smile

• SLR
    Super November 2016
    SLR ·
    • Flag

I would still bring a card, but you've already given a gift so you don't have to put more cash in it. You can include a little note about the registry gift if you want but it's not necessary.

• P.F.
    Super May 2018
    P.F. ·
    • Flag

I think I might add a note about the registry gift to make thank you notes easier for her. "Hope you enjoy ____" or something like that

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics