We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

B
Dedicated June 2012

STD suggestions?

bride to be, on January 20, 2012 at 11:01 PM Posted in Do It Yourself 0 13
Saved Save

We need to get our STD's out for our 6/16 wedding. I really wanted to do a photo magnet with shots from our professional engagement shoot (with our wedding photographers). However, we haven't been able to get the shoot set up because of the holidays and I don't know when we'll be able to because of the cold weather. Any suggestions?

13 Comments

• Jennifer G
    Master September 2014
    Jennifer G ·
    • Flag

I did my STD's without a photo because I needed to give our out of town guests plenty of notice AND I wanted to incorporate my winery theme so I used post cards with grape vines in my wedding colors but I plan to stick a small wallet sized photo in with them.STD's don't have to have your photo on them I think it's perfectly fine to go simple with them. I think there are plenty of othetr ways to use your engagement photos, you could put a picture frame on your tables with a photo of the two of you in them with your centerpeices, guest book with a picture of you two with a signature mat etc. Hope this helps.

• Jennifer G
    Master September 2014
    Jennifer G ·
    • Flag

One of thie girls on here revised mine now I'm freaking out because her looked so much better and their closed and I can't get a hold of them to say wait, LOL Ugh I stress to much but here's the revised one what do you think?

• Meagan
    Expert June 2012
    Meagan ·
    • Flag

My FH is in the Army & he propoesd the day before he left for a 1 year deployment, so we weren't able to take engagement photos. For our STDs I used pictures of us that we favorited. I created a photo collage through walmart.com & I couldn't have been happier! I visited him over the holidays & we did our own informal engagement shoot (just using the 10 second timer on our digital camera). STDs don't have to be anything formal...my suggestion would be to use pictures you already have (or take a few new ones) or to skip pictures all together for your STDs, you are running out of time! Smiley smile

• Jennifer G
    Master September 2014
    Jennifer G ·
    • Flag

I have another one too now I can't decide between going with the one I like more or going with the one that matches my theme, what do you think?

• MrsO
    Master May 2012
    MrsO ·
    • Flag

My FH and I were also unable to do any sort of engagement pictures before it was time to send out Save the Dates, due to our wedding photographer being out of state, and it never working out with a local photographer we tried to schedule with. I am extremely picky about photography and pictures so I wasn't really willing to just have anyone take pictures of us to use.

It took me a long time to figure out what kind of Save the Dates I wanted to do because I wasn't liking any designs that didn't include a photo. Eventually I came up with the idea to make Christmas ornaments (to include with Christmas cards) using burnt wood craft hearts. I got inspiration from someone online who used them to make magnets. I loved how they came out and I got a really good response from everyone who received one.

• Caroline
    Super September 2016
    Caroline ·
    • Flag

FutureMrsOhler - those look Fantastic! and I love your card.

I totally agree with Meagan S. - use a photo you already love, or diy, or ask a pal who like to take photos.

Jennifer A. - I love the third one, but if not then option two.

• B
    Dedicated June 2012
    bride to be ·
    • Flag

Thanks so much for all of the advice! I love all of these! Jennifer A., don't stress...all 3 options are awesome! I really like the 3rd and I think it could fit nicely with your vineyard theme, and definitely your wedding/engagement theme! ;-)

Thanks for your help everyone! Smiley smile

• Tammy
    Super May 2012
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

Find one that matches your theme and go with! You can always put your engagement and bridal pictures on your thank you notes. Here's what we did to incorporate our DW in Mexico theme. We chose magnets.

BTW it took 7 years for him to propose! So I kinda played with that too! Smiley surprise)

• B
    Dedicated June 2012
    bride to be ·
    • Flag

Thanks Tammy M. that's another question I have...we don't really have a theme...should I be concerned?

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·
    • Flag

Your "theme" can be a Mood or Atmosphere.

It doesn't need to be a theme like "butterflies" or "mexico"

What is your personalities? Fun and quirky? Traditional? High School sweethearts?

What is the vision of your wedding? In a barn? In a high class hotel? Modern? Traditional?

You can pick a design that matching your personalities or your vision. It doesn't even need to be in your wedding colors if you don't have that picked out yet.

• E
    Devoted May 2012
    Erin ·
    • Flag

You could do something outside for a photoshoot, like ice skating.

I had a theme and changed it somewhat so now I hate my STD's. I wish I would have done something more generic.

• Dena&JD
    Master April 2012
    Dena&JD ·
    • Flag

I chose these formats because We'll have a DW in Puerto RIco

• Tammy
    Super May 2012
    Tammy ·
    • Flag

Super cute Dena!

I think Hayley is spot on about the theme for your wedding! Good luck and play around with a few designs. You can always save them and go back later to make changes or to purchase.

Comment on this discussion