GrayCatVintage
Master October 2015

*Spinoff* What is your first dance song?

GrayCatVintage, on May 11, 2015 at 6:27 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 75
Saved Save

Let's hear 'em!

75 Comments

• kaylarae
    Master April 2015
    kaylarae ·
    • Flag

Ours was the acoustic version of Mean to Me by Brett Eldredge Smiley smile

• J
    VIP July 2015
    Jesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

Ours is a song written by a family friend. He wrote it for his wife, but it's so beautiful and I cry every time I hear it because it fits us so well that we've asked him if we can use it for our first dance song and he said he'd be honored Smiley smile

• Annael25
    VIP May 2016
    Annael25 ·
    • Flag

Acoustic version of Latch by Sam Smith. Smiley smile

• jewles322
    Master March 2015
    jewles322 ·
    • Flag

"Take my breath away"- Berlin. Sweet Husband sent this song to me after we first met, had to choose it Smiley smile

• From Mi to Mo
    Super May 2015
    From Mi to Mo ·
    • Flag

"Crazy Love" -Michael Bublé Smiley smile

• A
    VIP March 2015
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

"Thank You" by Led Zeppelin

• MrMrsDavis
    Devoted May 2015
    MrMrsDavis ·
    • Flag

Wedding version of "never stop" by Safetysuit

• Finally mrs.jkr
    Master June 2015
    Finally mrs.jkr ·
    • Flag

All I've ever needed Nikki reed and Paul McDonald. I actually found it on a buzzfeed wedding whisper confessions because it said "my first dance song is fr the twilight soundtrack and I don't care, with the iTunes of the song in the background... So I looked it up and it was perfect lol

• FullOfHotEyre
    Dedicated October 2015
    FullOfHotEyre ·
    • Flag

Moondance- Michael Buble

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

Mine has probably never been heard by anyone on here. It's called Ipo Lei Momi, it is a Hawaiian song and it's super upbeat and it's what FH and I are dancing to. It's pretty short but the meaning is really fun. For example, one of the verses has this as a translation (but no one will really know since it's in Hawaiian and the song is a surprise...they'll just have to try and understand it from our hula gestures):

Where are you, O precious pearl wreath,

Glowing enticingly in the dark of night?

Here's a link to the song if anyone wants to hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYL2IKdjYQk

• ChildressAtLast
    VIP June 2016
    ChildressAtLast ·
    • Flag

Ours is 1000 years by Christina perri

• Nicola
    VIP August 2015
    Nicola ·
    • Flag

I've always wanted Marry Me by Train - before FH and were together I remember listening to it and I'd just been through something shitty with a guy and I remember thinking 'god, I want a guy who could sing a song like this to me' and literally a day or so later I had my first proper conversation with FH.

But I'm worried it's too cheesy...so I've been wavering a bit on it and wondering if I should find something different.

• Annie & Javi
    Master October 2015
    Annie & Javi ·
    • Flag

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith

• Kimberly
    VIP August 2016
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

Were still deciding but our main contenders are "Love Song" by Miranda Lambert, "God Gave me You" by Blake Shelton, or "Smoke" by A Thousand Horses.

• Nye
    Expert May 2016
    Nye ·
    • Flag

"Photograph" by Ed Sheeran, or "Who I Am With You" by Chris Young, or "Enchanted" by Taylor Swift.

Basically, we haven't decided yet, but that's the order of probability.

• Mrs. B
    Master October 2015
    Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

We Belong Together by Ritchie Valens

• M
    Master December 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Ours was All my life by KC and JoJo

• P
    Expert July 2015
    Private User ·
    • Flag

We're having a really hard time picking a song... I like Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran or Marry Me by Train, but I'm worried both of those are too "over done." FH has two cousins getting married the same month so I don't want to have the same song as them either...

• Missys984
    Master October 2015
    Missys984 ·
    • Flag

Then by Brad Paisley

• MzRosaLu
    Master July 2016
    MzRosaLu ·
    • Flag

We are still deciding, but so far top contender is "That's How Strong My Love Is" by Otis Redding. I also liked "Stay With You" by John Legend but FH wasn't a big fan of it. We don't really have "a song" for our relationship like some people do, so it's tough to choose.

Comment on this discussion