BicycleBuiltForTwo
Master September 2016

Spinoff: Dream Honeymoon

BicycleBuiltForTwo, on May 5, 2016 at 1:55 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 74
Saved Save

Another post got me thinking. FH and I can't afford our dream honeymoon, but it's fun to think about! So what's your dream honeymoon, and what are you actually doing, if anything?

74 Comments

• Mrs. Mac
    Master July 2016
    Mrs. Mac ·
    • Flag

Bora Bora!!!!!! *sigh*

ETA: Oh and we aren't actually taking a honeymoon. We're saving to buy a house and will have to travel back to Scotland at least once per year, so it'll be a stay-cation for us after the wedding.

• BicycleBuiltForTwo
    Master September 2016
    BicycleBuiltForTwo ·
    • Flag

Our dream honeymoon was to climb Kilimanjaro. Instead, we are spending a week in Asheville, NC hiking, cycling, and climbing. I'm so excited to have a week to unplug and relax!

• Kactus Kat
    VIP July 2016
    Kactus Kat ·
    • Flag

Bora Bora, over the water bungalow.

• Christina
    Master October 2015
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Costa Rica! Or Hawaii. We took the cheaper option and took a cruise. Maybe one day. I'll have to wait a little longer now! Lol

• RealLindseyO
    Master October 2017
    RealLindseyO ·
    • Flag

Our dream honeymoon would be traveling around Europe but no way we'll be able to afford it. We'll either get a cabin somewhere for a few days or just wait until we can afford something else. We've also looked into cruises but idk if FH could handle a boat (he gets dizzy easily lol).

• ELK
    Master March 2018
    ELK ·
    • Flag

Our dream Honeymoon (what we've always talk about doing) would be Portugal and Spain for two weeks or more - and we MIGHT do it, but not for a few months after the wedding mostly due to the weather in Portugal and Spain.

• SoonToBeMrsS.
    Super May 2017
    SoonToBeMrsS. ·
    • Flag

New Zealand!! I will make it there eventually,i hope, but not for our honeymoon.

• Mrs.T_618
    VIP June 2016
    Mrs.T_618 ·
    • Flag

Two weeks diving in Australia, and two weeks skiing in New Zealand is dream. We are going to Australia, but may only dive two days as FH can only get away for two weeks and we also want to check out Melbourne and Sydney.

• BrideMeg
    Super September 2016
    BrideMeg ·
    • Flag

Ireland or Greece! Sigh.

We are going to Cancun instead which will also be nice since neither one of us has ever been!

• mackenzie
    Devoted August 2016
    mackenzie ·
    • Flag

Our Dream honeymoon was to the Czech Republic and Germany. FH family is from CR and my family is from Germany. Would have loved to have seen our families origins but a Disney cruise will have to do for now! 4 nights on the cruise crossing our fingers we don't get seasick Smiley smile

• KellyIngyBaker
    Expert May 2016
    KellyIngyBaker ·
    • Flag

Those over the water bungalows look so darn nice.

• Kelli
    Master September 2015
    Kelli ·
    • Flag

Another vote for Bora Bora with one of those over the water bungalows, private beach, and a butler!

Second place would be 2 weeks in Europe - England, France, Germany, Switzerland.

We did have an awesome honeymoon though. 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise with stops in Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten. With 1 night in Florida on both ends. So 9 night honeymoon.

• Molly
    Expert July 2016
    Molly ·
    • Flag

Traveling all over Europe! Luckily, thats what we are doing!! Except, no Italy, and Italy is a dream of mine):

• Beutivant
    Master May 2016
    Beutivant ·
    • Flag

What we want to do: Leave two days after the wedding and fly to LA and get tickets to Let's Make a Deal and The Price is Right. FH wins big on Deal and I win the showcase showdown on TPIR. Then we drive to Vegas and gamble and see shows. Then the last five days we rent and live on a private houseboat on a this gorgeous lake (forgive me, this is FH's portion of the dream so I'm not remembering the location name).

What we are actually doing: nothing.

• Staci
    Master September 2014
    Staci ·
    • Flag

Several months in Europe to include Italy, France and Spain. (And Greece!)

What we actually did: A week in Greece.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Yessss Bora Bora in an over-water bungalow! That's the dream Smiley smile I also really want to go to Fiji! FH is a nervous flier though, so that plus the travel time eliminated both of those ideas.

• Karen
    Expert June 2016
    Karen ·
    • Flag

Italy. And it is where I'm also going for my honeymoon!

• TravelWife
    Devoted October 2016
    TravelWife ·
    • Flag

Our dream honeymoon is a safari in South Africa....BUT FH's sister is getting married 13 days after us so that's not realistic for what we want to do. We are heavily leaning toward the Caribbean for the short flight, great weather for October, and price for resorts.

• BicycleBuiltForTwo
    Master September 2016
    BicycleBuiltForTwo ·
    • Flag

We also talked about a trek to Everest Base Camp, several weeks in Alaska, Costa Rica, and New Zealand. We are really active and adventurous, so we can only sit on the beach for like half a day before getting bored!

• FFW
    Master August 2016
    FFW ·
    • Flag

A dream honeymoon would be endless. We'd get married and we'd just never go back to work traveling the world.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics