L
Just Said Yes September 2018

Spain Honeymoon

Laura, on December 6, 2017 at 10:02 AM Posted in Honeymoon

Is anyone planning to go to Spain on their honeymoon? Would love to hear your itinerary, what you're expecting to spend, and how long you will be there.

Share:

8 Comments

• Stephannie
    Super December 2017
    Stephannie ·

Hi Laura,

I can't help too much because the only thing we have booked is our flights. We will be going for two weeks, May 23rd to June 6th. We are flying into Barcelona. We have not booked anything else and intend to do so after the wedding.

There have been so many reasons we choose Spain. I am excited to plan the trip though! We will also be going to Madrid and possibly a few other places.

Good luck!

ETA: So far, we spent $200.00 on our round trip airfare, because we used our travel credit card points. But, the flights were less than $900.00 total for both. We are flying from Toronto to Barcelona, with a layover in Libsona, Portugal. We are a 3.5 hour drive from toronto, but found it 100% worth it to drive from there for flights that cheap.

• Keisha
    Master September 2018
    Keisha ·

Hey Stephannie!!! I am from Toronto to and planning on going to Barcelona in Sept 2018. Who did

you book your flight with?

• Mags
    Super July 2018
    Mags ·

Following, would love to hear about Spain too!

• HufflePuffin
    Devoted June 2018
    HufflePuffin ·

We're doing one week in Spain in September. Flying into Malaga (arriving Sunday), then taking a bus to Granada and staying there through Friday, taking the bus to Nerja (staying there Friday and Saturday night), then flying back out of Malaga on Sunday (taking a airport shuttle very early in the morning).

Our flights were $150 (Yay Delta miles!) and we've budgeted $1,500 for hotels for 7 nights. With meals, activities, and souvenirs we're looking at around $4,000 total.

Activities we're going to try to do:

The Alhambra

Hot air balloon ride over the Sierra Nevadas

Club Granda Futbol match

Flamenco show in the Sacromonte caves

Hammam spa experience

Nerja caves (has the world's longest stalactite!)

• A
    Dedicated March 2018
    Ashlee ·

Not going for my honeymoon but i have been to Spain. They have plenty of activities and good food!

• BohoRN2017
    Expert November 2017
    BohoRN2017 ·

We did two weeks in Spain. I will say this Spain was not even in my top 5. I’ve been to Europe multiple times and I’m kind of over it. However, this was DH dream trip so I compromised.

Flew into Barcelona staying near the gothic quarter. We just did one full day there with a private guide seeing the Sagrada Familia and then did a chocolate tour which was fab. Honestly I wasn’t overly impressed with Barcelona and was glad we only chose to spend a day there.

Took the train to Sevilla. Did a bike tour, saw the Alcazar, went to a Hamman, flamenco show, buying baked goods from a convent, just lots of walking around the city & in parks. This was my favorite part of the trip. I’m glad we allocated most of our time here.

We finished out in Granada. The Alhambra was beautiful and we visited another Hamman, which was great. DH had a great time, he loved every minute. I enjoyed parts of the trip, anything I didn’t like was pretty expected.

We spent $11k total - this includes business class flights, high end hotels, private guides, etc. Certainly can be done for much less. But it was our HM so I wanted to splurge #noregrets

• Kristin
    Dedicated July 2018
    Kristin ·

We are!!! Following because we don't have anything set yet. Tentatively we want to do 10-11 days split between Madrid, San Sebastian and Barcelona, but that's as far as we have gotten in the plans. Excited to see what the rest of you have planned

• Sos0033
    VIP September 2017
    Sos0033 ·

We went to Barcelona for a week. Spent about $2,200 on flights and 7 nights hotel. Maybe another 1k-$1500 on activities and food/drink? We didn’t do any extravagant meals and spent a few days just relaxing by the pool. Obviously doing tours or activities every day would cost a little more. ETA: we did a full day city tour including Park Guell and Sagrada Familia (worth it just to skip the line). We also did a full day Montserrat and winery tour which I highly recommend.

Comment on this discussion