Arlene
Devoted March 2020

Southern Cali people- Ventura County #vendorhelp needed

Arlene, on November 5, 2018 at 7:47 PM Posted in California Planning 0 3
Saved Save

Hello everyone!

So long story short I found a hair person who agreed to do my hair for the wedding however I have contacted her this past weekend to set up an appt. for a hair cut but she has not texted me back or called me back, so I have decided to go forward in finding someone more official to do my hair for the wedding as well, any referrals? My hair lady does not do weddings anymore and I want her as a guest (close friend from HS) Her referral for weddings did my hair for my best friends wedding and I did not like it. PLease send any referrals that would be great!!

Same with makeup I have 2 ladies who have done my makeup since HS but they are not responding back and are responding back 2 weeks after and do not seem official and confused on what I asked. I asked if they did weddings and wedding parties they agreed but now I confirmed my venue and date I am confirming with my vendors and my makeup people who I love thought it was just me Idk why when my text didnt say that month ago. Any referrals for Makeup?

I am a bit disappointed as I had really liked these 2 but I rather if I have to find someone new.

IF you know anyone that would be great who is in Ventura County or near valley in LA County willing to go to Moorpark.

Thanks ladies

3 Comments

• Rebecca
    Master October 2025
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

Hey Arlene!

Have you tried using the WeddingWire vendor search tool for a HMUA? It's a great way to find vendors near your location! You can even read their reviews and browse through their portfolio to get a sense of their work style! I've started a search for you: HMUAs near Moorpark, CA

Do you have an idea of how you want your hair/makeup?

• Jen
    Dedicated November 2018
    Jen ·
    • Flag

Hi Arlene! My wedding was last weekend and my HMUA was fantastic. Her name is Jill Fogel (jillfogel on Insta). She referred me to Samantha Sellars for my hair cut and color, which I did the week before the wedding. Samantha also does hair for weddings (forloveandhair). Love both of these women and strongly recommend.

• Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

Look up Makeup and Hair by Jackie Romero:

https://www.weddingwire.com/biz/makeup-and-hair-by-jackie-romero-sherman-oaks/4e20306248c44dfe.html

She's an acquaintance who will be doing my hair and makeup and she's incredibly talented. She's based out of Sherman Oaks but will travel to Ventura County (may include a small travel fee).

Comment on this discussion