dks64
June 2015

Sorta OT: Any brides planning while in school?

dks64, on April 18, 2015 at 8:39 PM Posted in Planning 0 26
Saved Save

I'm going crazy right now because I'm working full time, taking a night class that has a TON of homework, planning a wedding on short notice (2 months), and I'm planning on moving out of state 2 weeks after our wedding. Busy, busy, busy! Am I the only one who starts homework and drifts off to "I think I want blue and coral as my wedding color! Hmmm, so what's the sine of this line...." My brain is bouncing around like crazy!

26 Comments

• Mrs. White
    Devoted June 2015
    Mrs. White ·
    • Flag

Lol!! You are basically describing my life right now minus the huge move. I am in school FULL time and work PART time, and planning a wedding that is a month and a half away (but I started over a year ago). My venue is not a traditional venue so I have like a million vendors to deal with. I just try to keep breathing. If you need ANY advice, I am happy to help!!

• Tori
    VIP September 2015
    Tori ·
    • Flag

Oh yea. I am in school Full time (online & nights), I work full time & we just moved. FH is way worse though He is working full time & school full time (online & days) but its for an engineering degree so much more work then mine. He actually sent in our seating chart by accident to his Literature teacher, thank goodness she was cool about it. Smiley smile

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

Haha yeah I know the feeling. I'm in grad school now. We had a 2 year engagement because last summer was my qualifying exam (the exam that got me my masters and passed me on to the PhD level of grad school). I had to study for a few months and it was miserable not being able to plan at all. Now I don't have classes anymore, just research and it is so hard to choose research over wedding planning!!

• Happy In Hawaii
    Master July 2015
    Happy In Hawaii ·
    • Flag

Haha yeah I know the feeling. I'm in grad school now. We had a 2 year engagement because last summer was my qualifying exam (the exam that got me my masters and passed me on to the PhD level of grad school). I had to study for a few months and it was miserable not being able to plan at all. Now I don't have classes anymore, just research and it is so hard to choose research over wedding planning!!

• dks64
    June 2015
    dks64 ·
    • Flag

Katie - We can definitely relate to each other Smiley smile I found a venue where they do most of the details for us, that way I wouldn't be too overwhelmed. We haven't put a deposit down, but I think it's "The One." We already have a photographer, we'd just have to work out small details for everything else (like tux rentals and a few other things). Breathing is a must!

Right after making this thread, I went into the bedroom where my fiancé asked "How's the homework going?" I wasn't doing homework, I was making this post griping about homework instead. LOL

• dks64
    June 2015
    dks64 ·
    • Flag

Tori - Ha, that's hilarious about sending the seating chart to the teacher.

HIH - I hope to make it to grad school someday. My finance is a mathematician and we're moving out of state because he got a great job at a University. Once we get there, I'm going to work part time and go to school there (if I can get in, I'm sure I can). I wish I was where you are now, I feel like I've been working towards my BA for 10 years.... oh wait, I have :p On and off. I've spent 5 years at community college.

Wedding planning > Math homework.

• Chasity
    VIP June 2015
    Chasity ·
    • Flag

I am still in school as well, I will graduate in May then get married in June. We have had a long engagement though. This way I get my degree first and I haven't had to rush planning or blow of homework (except when I did because I was procrastinating with wedding planning)

• Mrs. White
    Devoted June 2015
    Mrs. White ·
    • Flag

@dks64 We may have the same cat too lol

• T-Rex
    Master August 2013
    T-Rex ·
    • Flag

I was in grad school working on my thesis. :-/ I had a chapter due a few days before my wedding.

Not gonna lie. I was more focused on grad school than my wedding.

• mrjonesandme
    Master September 2016
    mrjonesandme ·
    • Flag

I'm taking 4 grad school classes, planning a wedding, working part time and doing an unpaid internship. I feel your pain. Hiring a wedding planner was the best decision ever. None of my bridesmaids are nearby to help, and the planner has been great at keeping us on budget so far! Best decision ever.

• dks64
    June 2015
    dks64 ·
    • Flag

Katie - Gorgeous kitties!!

This is Emma (cat in my avatar) and Lilly. They keep me busy too. I'm their servant.

• J
    VIP July 2015
    Jesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

I'm in grad school and working a full time job. I'm also taking a couple of courses over the summer and one ends 2 days before my wedding!! That should be interesting.

I totally hear ya. I feel like when I need to be focused on school work I'm thinking about wedding plans. And when I've set aside time to work on wedding related tasks, I'm doing school work. FH keeps saying I'm the most productive procrastinator he's met lol

• Z
    Master May 2012
    Zoe ·
    • Flag

I was in graduate school and my mom was very ill the four months before my wedding-- I get it completely! Hang in there-- as long as you're married at the end, it's all good!

• Mrs. White
    Devoted June 2015
    Mrs. White ·
    • Flag

@dks64 They look precious! Also, I too have been in school on and off for 10 years!!! No joke! There is FINALLY a light at the end of the tunnel tho...3 more semesters!!

• Precious
    VIP August 2015
    Precious ·
    • Flag

You mean there are other crazy people out there like me!? Goodness.

Part time Master Student

2 Part time Jobs

Looking for a single full time job

Taking care of my handicapped mom

My wedding is in 3 months!

I would like to move into a new place before the wedding

• kahlcara
    Master August 2013
    kahlcara ·
    • Flag

I waited until I finished college before starting to plan, but I was working 2 jobs and studying for the LSAT (which I took 2 months before my wedding), DH was in grad school, working part-time, and we got married out-of-state to be near our families.

• MrsRivera
    VIP February 2016
    MrsRivera ·
    • Flag

YES! I am finishing my Bachelors degree this May, I'm working full time, AND my fiance is on his first deployment. Luckily we're having a long engagement!

• Nye
    Expert May 2016
    Nye ·
    • Flag

I don't have as much going on as many of you, but I'm also a full time student finishing my bachelor's, working with a separate school to get certified as an EMT, and I'll be studying for my MCAT over summer. We're also moving a few hours away after graduation in May, but then I have to come back to officially finish my degree in July. In a way, I'm happy that my life is so full. It will make the next year fly by.

• Nay0801
    VIP August 2015
    Nay0801 ·
    • Flag

Full time student here I only work part time.However, I help my mother with EVERYTHING! We have ALOT of lawyer meetings and court hearings I have a research paper due on Monday and I haven't even started currently, i'm sitting it the car stressed TF out!

• Katherine
    Super May 2015
    Katherine ·
    • Flag

Planning a wedding and being in school full-time is a pain!! I'm crazy stressed managing both. I have a final May 11th, five days before my wedding, I'm definitely asking if I can take it early.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics