Angel
Super March 2014

So my wedding is in 3 days, can't stop crying

Angel, on February 26, 2014 at 11:04 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved Save

My mom just told me she has better things to do with her time and she wont be at my wedding. I just can't stop crying. Our relationship hasn't always been the best, I just knew she would push our differences asides and come. And i actually been getting along with each other. i feel devastated.

Welp. Thanks for letting me vent

32 Comments

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

Wow that is sad. Try to enjoy the day as best you can, knowing you did everything you could on your end. Down the road, she will regret that decision, I guarantee it. HUGS to you.

• Annie
    VIP March 2014
    Annie ·
    • Flag

Enjoy your day. Someday she will regret her decision and it will be too late. Her loss.

• Weddingbliss
    VIP July 2014
    Weddingbliss ·
    • Flag

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear that. Try to enjoy your day, I know it's your mom but you shouldn't let anyone ruin a day that is supposed to be filled with joy. That is very wrong of your mom to be so selfish, I'm sure she will look back and regret the way she is acting.

• LuckiestGirl
    Expert February 2015
    LuckiestGirl ·
    • Flag

Was that said in anger? Even so, that was inappropriate on her part. I am sure that she will end up changing her mind, or taking back her words at least. And if she doesn't show, then the only one who will have to live with the regret for the rest of her life will be her, not you. Surely that will teach her a lesson. It's a tough lesson to learn, but so be it.

• Terry
    VIP January 2015
    Terry ·
    • Flag

Im so sorry, Where are you located? maybe I will come and be your mom for the day..

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·
    • Flag

Haha Terry!!!

That is so sad though Smiley sad

Remember: your wedding isn't the best day of your life. If it were, everything would be downhill. You're there for your love and your commitment to your partner. Focus on that, focus on that love. I hope your mom comes around.

• Y
    Super October 2014
    Yancie ·
    • Flag

That's nice Terry.

am so sorry that your mom wont be attending. Just send her an invitation and if she comes wonderful but if she doesn't then enjoy your husband and his family plus friends. It's your wedding and you should feel exited about this special day. Try to focus on your wedding and you did everything you could to reach out to your mom. Please focus on your special day. Much hugs to you.

• Michele
    VIP August 2014
    Michele ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry but try and push it aside though I know it will be difficult and enjoy your day dear.

• Rebekah
    Master April 2014
    Rebekah ·
    • Flag

So just out of the blue 3 days before she decides she is not coming? Did something happen or was something said?

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

Your mom is a biooatch.

• Brittany
    Super June 2014
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

I'm so sorry, that's awful Smiley sad I argue with muy mom, but I can't imagine her not being at my big day. So sorry you are going through this.

• TheOGJesse's Girl
    Master March 2014
    TheOGJesse's Girl ·
    • Flag

Oh Angel, I am so so sorry!!! It breaks my heart for you that this is something you're having to deal with. Just know that the people at your wedding are the ones who truly love you and care for you.

• Shannon S.
    Master March 2011
    Shannon S. ·
    • Flag

That is just terrible. What a horrible thing to do.

• Celia Milton
    January 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

What a terrible, passive aggressive thing to say to you. I'm so sorry. This is a decision that she cannot take back, but don't let it ruin your day. I always say, at the end of my welcome to the guests, "You are the family that this couple has inherited and the family they have chosen." You sometimes can choose more wisely than you can inherit. Pull those loving people in close and their force field will repel the negative energy of people like your mom.

• rusticbride
    Master May 2014
    rusticbride ·
    • Flag

Aw, I feel very Tom Hanks right now in a "League of their Own."

"There's no crying... there's no crying 3 days before your wedding."

Smiley sad

It's her loss... you're winning out in the end. I know it's complicated, but you have more important things to be worried about right now than a mean Mom!

• Shannon A
    Master May 2014
    Shannon A ·
    • Flag

Wow i hope she is finding the cure for aids because I can't think of much better to do with your time than attend your daughter's wedding

• kristenann
    Master October 2014
    kristenann ·
    • Flag

That's terrible, I'm so sorry. Regardless of your relationship status, you want your mom there on your wedding day, so I can only imagine how sad you're feeling. Please don't let it ruin your day. I know you'll be thinking about it on your wedding day, but enjoy yourself and the company of your husband and other guests. If your mom really doesn't show up, that's something that she will have to live with and probably regret. Is there another family member that could talk to her for you as a non judgemental third party?

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·
    • Flag

Aww that's super shitty. Hopefully she has a change of heart, but if not still enjoy your beautiful day! Everyone's right: her loss.

• Jess & Sean
    Super April 2014
    Jess & Sean ·
    • Flag

Try to focus on all the people who WILL be there who love and support you. You can deal with your mom another time. Your wedding day is to celebrate you and your FH, and if you were the only two there it would still be the best and most wonderful day of your life!

• Jemma
    VIP July 2014
    Jemma ·
    • Flag

That's awful.

Try to find a positive in it, if there is one. At least you know you won't be arguing with her on the day or worrying about her views on things.

I know it's not much of a silver lining, but I know you're going to have a great day with or without her.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics