MrsV1027
Master October 2018

So Mean!

MrsV1027, on October 22, 2018 at 8:42 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 43
Saved Save

I just had to share my story of our shopping experience for FH. We have almost everything he needs with the exception of his shirt for his suit. We went to Casual Male XL since he's tall and bigger and can't find his sizes in most stores. Usually he walks out with at least $300 worth of clothes which he was planning to do. He wanted some new shorts and jeans since we are going to Vegas for the wedding and wanted to look sharp.

So we walk in and we are greeted by this guy named Greg. He was really nice. At first. I showed him a picture of our personalized ties and he giggled and was like you can't be serious you aren't wearing that. Ok Greg I get our style isn't the same as yours but we just want help matching the purple. We get over his little comments on how he disliked our ties and were narrowing down shirts when he was like what size shoes do you wear? FH was like it's good dude I already have shoes and he pointed to his Chucks. We wore our wedding shoes to go shopping to make sure they are broken in. Greg laughs again and was like nope you can't wear those with a suit it will look terrible. Ok Greg no one asked you for your shoe opinion. So Greg asks again what size and says he'll help change our minds on the shoes. FH again is like dude I'm not buying shoes from you I like my shoes and she likes my shoes I just need a shirt. So Greg then makes the mistake of jokingly saying to me "you aren't wearing Chucks too are you". I'm like yup and I point at my shoes and he laughed SO loud. I was so appalled. FH at that point said ok Greg thanks for your time we are done here and we walked out.

I am still shocked at how rude this guy was! I get it our style is not everyone's cup of tea but we were about to spend a good amount of money at their store but Greg couldn't stop laughing at us and telling us how bad our choices are. Also...Greg wanted FH to buy the black version of shoes he was wearing which were hideous. But I'm nice and didn't tell Greg that I hated his shoe choice. So if you are in the Columbus, OH area and need clothes for a big and tall guy stay clear of the Casual Male XL at Polaris or if you go just stay away from Greg.

So now FH is just going to wear a purple shirt he already owns.

Here's the ties that Greg said are sooooo horrible...

So Mean! 1

43 Comments

• Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan ·
    My FH would be so stoked if we had ties like that!! Screw Greg!
  • A
    Super February 2019
    Amy ·
    Whaaaaaat those ties and wearing chucks are awesome! So glad you guys walked out and didn't put up with that. I think you with both look so awesome! Please post a BAM!
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·

Regardless of his opinions he should have kept them to himself, that is so rude! Sorry you had that experience, I would have called the management team so other couples or anyone do not have to feel the way you did. Sorry

• Tracy
    Super January 2019
    Tracy ·
    They are fun. You do you, to hell with Greg.
  • DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·

Greg needs to get a life.

• Maggie
    Super February 2019
    Maggie ·
    What a jerk. Those ties are awesome and I love the idea of wearing chucks. Sounds like they're going to lose out on a lot of your business. I'd review on Yelp and Google too... That's really not cool.
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

Greg sounds like he doesn't make a lot of sales. So sorry for your experience! Your ties are awesome and your wedding will be too!

• R
    Savvy September 2018
    RocknElegance ·

I love your geek-chic style! My man-of-honor was my brother and he wore a bow tie, suspenders, and chucks and he was SO CUTE.

Greg can go you-know-what himself in my personal opinion.

If I were you, I'd leave a professional but extremely disappointed review for their establishment if you can and name drop this "Greg" character...

• Saraí
    April 2019
    Saraí ·

Greg clearly does not know anything about style. I think they are unique and awesome. I love people like you who stand out for their preferences and decide to be themselves. You guys are going to have an awesome wedding.

• T
    Dedicated September 2019
    tania ·
    I love those ties where did you get them
  • Terez
    Dedicated September 2019
    Terez ·
    Don't feel bad about that......he just lost his commission.......NOW THAT'S FUNNY!!!!! Happy planning and wear what makes you and your FH happy. Now go shop somewhere else where you will get great service and a wonderful turnout at your wedding Congrats!!😉🍷🍺
  • Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·

That is extremely rude. You should call/write to management and report him.

• Jane
    Expert May 2019
    Jane ·
    What an idiot
  • F
    Beginner October 2018
    FutureMrsB ·

Greg was supposed to provide a service and give you what you wanted not his unsolicited opinion. So sad, but he lost a sale looks like you guys had the last laugh. I hope your FH found the shirt he wants. Congrats on your wedding. We are getting married Saturday and heading to Vegas for the honeymoon too. Best wishes and many blessings.

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    View Quoted Comment

I bought them on Amazon and then had my coworker who personalizes thing put the decals on for me. He did really good!

• NVV2B
    VIP January 2019
    NVV2B ·

What an idiot. He lost a sale because he couldn't keep his idiotic opinion to himself.

• Selena Ariel Kyle
    Devoted November 2018
    Selena Ariel Kyle ·
    I already said I loved your ties on a previous post but I'll state it again those ties are LEGENDARY!! Fork Greg. People have been wear converses for years at weddings. Tell him to get the stick out his behind and climb out from under the narrow minded rock he lives under.
  • Rachelle
    Devoted November 2018
    Rachelle ·
    So sorry this happened to you, but I’m glad you guys just walked out and didn’t listen to his “advice”. Your wedding=your day, and no one can tell you what you can and cannot wear! Thumbs down to Greg! 👎🏻
  • Brittany
    Devoted October 2018
    Brittany ·

Screw Greg! Definitely take this to corporate!

Those ties are super cute!

• Kristen
    VIP August 2018
    Kristen ·

What a jerk! I'm glad you didn't buy anything from that guy. I personally love your ideas! (And even if I didn't, I work in retail and would NOT ever make anyone feel bad about their taste)

Comment on this discussion