J
Savvy April 2014

So I've decided not to get that photo booth with the costume pieces and stuff because it's just too expensive.

jinjer, on January 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 9
Saved Save

Why do I feel bad about that decision? I guess I just want to be hip and happenin' like everybody else.

9 Comments

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

Have you checked out the DIY photobooths on Pinterest?

• K + B
    VIP September 2014
    K + B ·
    • Flag

If it's not on your budget, don't do it. I found my photo booth on Groupon so I'm saving a little money on it but it also fits in my budget that way. If I didn't get the discount, I wouldn't have done it.

• bluebird54
    Devoted November 2014
    bluebird54 ·
    • Flag

Eh, honestly i don't see what's so great about photo booths. It's something for guests to do for a few mins. I don't know. Just not my thing.

• Brittany
    Super July 2014
    Brittany ·
    • Flag

(I think) I am going to buy a Fujifilm Instax camera and do a "photo booth". The cameras are anywhere from $50-$100 and you just pay for the film and the props. Don't know if that would be an option for you or not.

• KristenMeowza
    Master October 2014
    KristenMeowza ·
    • Flag

What @FututreMrsH said. We can't afford a photobooth with our budget either so I am doing a DIY setup with my Macbook. You could also use a tablet or camera on a tripod with a timer.

• rose
    Savvy April 2014
    rose ·
    • Flag

I can so agree, I felt bad too when we decided we weren't doing a photo booth. But with the dj and open bar I figure that should be enough party for our guest. (plus our wedding is on a Tuesday). I felt much better and less stress when I finally put it in my head not to worrying about what others think as much, this is OUR DAY no one elses..

• Alejandra
    Master May 2014
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag

I thi k photobooths are fun but may be too fun. Guests may get caught up with photo taking and you could have an enpty dance floor.

We had one for my nephew's 3rd birthday and it was used sooooo much but that was good bc there aren't many other things to do at a kids party.

• Geysa
    Expert March 2015
    Geysa ·
    • Flag

If it doesn't fit in your budget don't do it. If you really want something like that try making you own, I've done many diy photo booths and everyone enjoys them. I would just put the photos on fb and whoever wanted a copy would print it themselves.

• Aronna
    Master October 2014
    Aronna ·
    • Flag

Well then you can be hip like me because I'm not doing anything like that. Just a old fashioned wedding where the main point is to share in the day, watching the wedding and having cake and toasts. that's about it. works for me!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics