tiedaknot™
Master March 2013

So I've been thinking!......(YIKES right?) WW Christina????

tiedaknot™, on August 13, 2012 at 8:09 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 105
Saved Save

So, there was a post yesterday about a bride and her feelings being hurt by lack of comments on her Wedding pics and video trailer....I can understand why she was hurt, as I have seen up to and maybe even beyond 90 comments on some and like 9 on others. This is due IMHO to the posts being pushed from the first page by other posts. So is there any way we could have a forum for Wedding pics and videos??? That way, we could just go to that forum to find them?? I don't know, it's just a random thought floating through this purty liddle head this morning.

105 Comments

• tiedaknot™
    Master March 2013
    tiedaknot™ ·
    • Flag

**bump**

• Leslie
    Super January 2013
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

I agree, That way it would be much easier to comments on wedding pics and videos without no one feeling left out or that their wedding isn't as interesting as others.

they should also make a pay it forward forums. (I think this one is just self explanatory)

• tiedaknot™
    Master March 2013
    tiedaknot™ ·
    • Flag

I agree! Come on...let's see if we can make this happen ladies??!!!

• L
    Super February 2013
    l ·
    • Flag

I like your idea and for selfish reasons, I actually go looking for posts of wedding pics and videos so if they were all in one place, that'd be great!

• *Future Mrs. B*
    VIP May 2013
    *Future Mrs. B* ·
    • Flag

I totally agree with that! Good idea

• Julie
    VIP October 2012
    Julie ·
    • Flag

Yep I agree, I'm always looking for the wedding photos! Especially after a weekend as I never really come on here much duirng the weekend.

• Mrs. J-Mo
    Super July 2012
    Mrs. J-Mo ·
    • Flag

I think that's a great idea. I just didn't appreciate how she started attacking people that were disagreeing with her. Or explaining to her that the weekends are super slow.

• Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants
    Master November 2011
    Mrs. Clark aka Mrs Awesomepants ·
    • Flag

Guess I missed all the fun...Personally, I was not offended when everyone on WW did not see or comment on my wedding photos.

I don't think there needs to be an entirely separate forum for wedding photos/videos. If you want everyone to see it, keep "bumping" and it will go to the top.

• MrsO
    Master May 2012
    MrsO ·
    • Flag

I completely agree, Mrs. J-Mo. There were so many things that I wanted to post in that thread but kept restraining myself. I thought it was ridiculous how she was responding to some people. I've never been a fan of pity parties though in general.

• Emily
    VIP August 2015
    Emily ·
    • Flag

I love the idea!

• tiedaknot™
    Master March 2013
    tiedaknot™ ·
    • Flag

I didn't agree with that either. I also didn't agree with the comment about looks being the reason people comment. I personally would love for this to happen so that I didn't have to go through page after page to find the photos =)

• Mrs. S™
    Master October 2011
    Mrs. S™ ·
    • Flag

@Tiedaknot, you're such a wonderful person :-)

I'm not sure we need a separate forum though. I am also going to restrain myself from expressing my opinion on that thing yesterday.

Suffice it to say, when I came back I think I had about 20 people say congrats. I always thought it was because of the timing of my post, many of my buddies were getting married at the same time, the post disappeared from the first page... The thought that people didn't comment on my wedding because I'm not a size 6 never crossed my mind.

Maybe I'm not sufficiently paranoid and need to go see a doctor?

• tiedaknot™
    Master March 2013
    tiedaknot™ ·
    • Flag

Mrs O...totally agree...I logged off so as not to make a comment I might regret. I love looking at the photos of weddings though. I love to see everyone's happiness and the different ideas and decor. Not to mention the dresses.

• MrsO
    Master May 2012
    MrsO ·
    • Flag

I'll be completely honest and blunt. I don't respond to every post-wedding thread (or every thread in general). There are some people and weddings (and topics) that interest me and some that don't. While the person in reference was a 5-star bride so obviously around for a while, I can't say that I have had much direct interaction with her or any sort of personal connection. So yea, I looked at her photos, but I didn't comment. She only had a couple photos up and I didn't really have anything to say. There are also plenty of weddings that I am excited to see and hear about. But those are because I have some sort of "connection" with the bride. I guess I'm just not a comment for the sake of commenting person, and I'm not going to go comment just because someone makes a post to guilt trip everyone in not being super excited for her wedding.

• tiedaknot™
    Master March 2013
    tiedaknot™ ·
    • Flag

Size 6...really? Who is a size 6? I'm not very big and I am not a size 6 cuz my butt and boobs are too big! I do have long blond hair though so I better have like a gazillion comments when I post my pics LOL

@Mrs S..thank you but I'm just a girl...with a dream =)

• Mrs. S™
    Master October 2011
    Mrs. S™ ·
    • Flag

MrsO, that's very true too, although many people won't say it.

• MrsO
    Master May 2012
    MrsO ·
    • Flag

However more on topic for your suggestion, part of me thinks it's a good idea and part of me thinks it will go forgotten after a short period of time. I think the catergories in general for the forum are very limited. However even so, I don't know how many people actually look at the individual forums but rather just the main page where they are all combined together.

So if a special forum category/section is added for post-wedding sharing, I think many people would be excited at first, but then forget that such a place existed.

Kinda like the "like button." It was something that we asked about for a while. Weddingwire gave it to us. It was used SO MUCH in the first few weeks. I feel like it isn't used nearly as much now that the novelty has worn off on it. I think it would be the same way with additional subforums/categories. They might be looked at a lot at first, but then people would go back to using the main forums with everything lumped together and forget the others exist.

• Emily
    VIP August 2015
    Emily ·
    • Flag

@Mrs O I completley agree with you. Although I do comment on peoples post I don't really know I'm a lot more likely to comment on someone's post that I'm familar with

• HalloweenBride
    Master October 2013
    HalloweenBride ·
    • Flag

I think these forums would be great if they were more organized. They have you label what type of discussion, but they're not put in those categories. I think we need a DIY forum, Ask Me forum, Vent forum (Lol, I've been MOODY this weekend), etc. I go to many other forums that are more organized, and like to be on them more, because I can choose much easier what I'm looking at.

• P
    VIP June 2013
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I have been away for a few days, I have been in WW withdrawal! I must have missed something! I think that is a great idea though! This way the girls who choose to post can actually see the posts, sometimes it is hard to be able to see them when posts go through so fast!

Comment on this discussion