PrincessDroolsalot
Just Said Yes November 2018

So I finally found a place to get married!

PrincessDroolsalot, on December 15, 2017 at 2:57 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 16
Saved Save

Found a place today and fell in love and they have the dates we want too! Only problem it's an hour and a half away from the church I'm getting married in. For some reason this seems to be a problem for my mother because she lives around the corner from the church. :-/ any ideas guys on how to make a happy mother?

16 Comments

• Spaghetti
    VIP November 2018
    Spaghetti ·
    • Flag

Reading title to post...

You found a place to get married but it's an hour and a half from the church you're getting married in. Please clarify? If it's your reception then yes it is way too far.

• Jurnee
    Expert May 2019
    Jurnee ·
    • Flag

That is way too far for your guests to travel in between.

• Celia Milton
    January 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

That is way, way too far. Expect to see people either at the church or the reception but not both.

• MMB
    Master January 2017
    MMB ·
    • Flag

It's going to be a problem for most people. Not just your mother. That's a really far drive.

• PrincessDroolsalot
    PrincessDroolsalot ·
    • Flag

I definetly needed to hear this. Thank you guys. Guess I'll keep searching! :-)

• Nicole
    Expert September 2018
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

How are your guests supposed to get home at the end of the night if you bring them an hour and a half away?

• Katie M.
    Devoted June 2019
    Katie M. ·
    • Flag

That is too far! I suggest you find another venue for your reception or find a church closer to the reception.

• MMB
    Master January 2017
    MMB ·
    • Flag

Good luck, OP!

• Stacey
    Super October 2018
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

Unless you have your heart set on that specific church, I would look for one closer to the venue.

• Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag

Can you change the church you are getting married at?

• Sara P.
    VIP October 2018
    Sara P. ·
    • Flag

I'd keep looking for a reception spot closer to your church. An hour and a half is too far away.

• Amanda
    Master January 2017
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

At most, the drive between ceremony and reception should be 30 minutes but preferably less. There is nothing else nearby?

• PrincessDroolsalot
    PrincessDroolsalot ·
    • Flag

Thank you guys! We found a place within a good distance for everyone especially with a couple of curve balls that were definitely thrown into consideration via my mother which were valid! I am so lucky on a quick fix and thank goodness for my fiancé being a good sport with all the changes! Thanx again!!!

• Heather
    Expert March 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Thats kind of far . ours are 20 mins apart

• LoveAlwaysWin
    Devoted August 2018
    LoveAlwaysWin ·
    • Flag

That's pretty far. My ceremony and reception is about a 5-10min ride

• Margaret
    Expert March 2018
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

Agree with the others. I went to a wedding where the ceremony and reception were 30 minutes away and even that was pretty annoying.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics