Diana
Savvy October 2019

Singing video at Reception

Diana , on February 13, 2019 at 2:30 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 5
Saved Save
So I’ve been thinking about singing for my partner. Initially, I thought about singing at the wedding reception with some of my friends who are musicians as back up.
But I am way too nervous to pull off something like that and my voice would definitely show it!

So now I started thinking what if I recorded myself performing and played the video at the reception as a dedication to my soon to be husband!
Is this a terrible idea? What are your thoughts?
Thanks in advance!!

5 Comments

• LB
    Champion November 2016
    LB ·
    As someone who used to sing competitively, hard pass. IMO, it comes off a bit self glorifying (more about you then your H) and also stops the motion of the reception. Plus I'd feel super awkward as a guest. What about singing to him in private?
  • Brittany
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittany ·
    Honestly, it seems a little strange. I wouldn’t do it.
  • Diana
    Savvy October 2019
    Diana ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I was feeling a little uneasy about it.
    I was thinking of that too. Singing to him later that night in our suite or something.

What do you think about live singing, though? I really don’t think I have the balls for that though. Haha.
  • Natalie
    Dedicated June 2019
    Natalie ·
    I think a video would be pretty odd, but singing live wouldn’t be too bad! I’ve kinda been considering it too, as a total surprise for him, but i haven’t made my mind up either. You just have to really believe in yourself! You could always take voice lessons leading up to it, if that would make you feel more confident.
  • Diana
    Savvy October 2019
    Diana ·
    Yes! I was looking up some voice lessens on Groupon lol! I was thinking maybe that could help. Then practicing in front of friends and family to work on my nerves.
    One of my friends also suggested doing a slideshow/video of us and all our trips over the years with the voice over of me singing as opposed to putting another song to go along with the video.

Comment on this discussion