G
Savvy May 2018

Silk vs real flowers

Gina, on April 10, 2016 at 12:36 PM Posted in Planning 0 24
Saved Save

I originally was going with real flowers. Until I saw these beautiful flowers at Michaels and had the florist make me a bouquet. I was going to keep those flowers until my wedding day, so I could show my florist how I wanted it. But now I just love my silk bouquet. Is it tacky to have silk flowers?

24 Comments

• GrumpyCatRebecca
    VIP September 2016
    GrumpyCatRebecca ·
    • Flag

I don't think I'd call it tacky. If that's what you want then go for it. At least with the silk bouquet you can save it as a keepsake.

• G
    Savvy May 2018
    Gina ·
    • Flag

I agree! That's what I was thinking myself. I could keep it forever! I was thinking of maybe putting it in a shadow box after along with some pictures Smiley smile

• Sydney
    Expert April 2016
    Sydney ·
    • Flag

I think the bouquet looks AMAZING! I don't think it looks tacky at all Smiley smile

• Jenny92
    VIP May 2017
    Jenny92 ·
    • Flag

No i don't think it's tacky, I'm doing all silk flowers. Those are beautiful

• G
    Savvy May 2018
    Gina ·
    • Flag

Thank you! I was talking to some of my bridesmaid and they are doing real flowers for their wedding. So I was thinking to myself well maybe I should also.

• SAD
    VIP March 2016
    SAD ·
    • Flag

It's not "tacky", especially if that's the look you like! I had a silk bouquet and loved it, especially since I can keep it now. You won't convince anyone they're real, but it's definitely not "tacky".

• Marleen P
    Super May 2017
    Marleen P ·
    • Flag

I was thinking the same. I really like silk flowers, why waste so much money on something that will die.

• G
    Savvy May 2018
    Gina ·
    • Flag

I completely agree! Plus they'll look real and the same price as real flowers but you'll get to keep them forever!

• MrsMelissaP
    VIP January 2017
    MrsMelissaP ·
    • Flag

Definitely not tacky! Flowers are overly expensive and you can use that money somewhere else.

• K
    Devoted December 2016
    Kayla ·
    • Flag

That's gorgeous. I'm going to do a silk boquet too so I can keep it.

• I'm Mrs Shuey
    VIP September 2016
    I'm Mrs Shuey ·
    • Flag

No it's not tacky, it's what you want and they look beautiful.

• M
    VIP September 2016
    MrsInSeptember ·
    • Flag

My friend did a combo of silk and real this weekend. It was so thoughtful. Each flower represented someone in her family who had passed away or was important to her. She added harder to find or expensive flowers as silk.

• Monee_Darnel
    VIP May 2016
    Monee_Darnel ·
    • Flag

I personally am not a fan of silk or any fake flowers, however, I wouldn't call it tacky for others that do. It's all about preference.

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

I had silk flower at my wedding.

• MrsStubbs
    Expert February 2017
    MrsStubbs ·
    • Flag

Defiantly not tacky. Im doing silk as well

• HoneyLife
    VIP October 2016
    HoneyLife ·
    • Flag

Your wedding is in 2018, you might change you mind on style/flowers by then. I vote Pintrest what you might like first and decide when your day is closer.

• Justin P
    November 2019
    Justin P ·
    • Flag

I prefer real flowers, that's just me. You can keep 'em--ours look great dried after 10 years.

• LV BRIDE
    Expert July 2016
    LV BRIDE ·
    • Flag

I chose to do artificial lowers over real flowers for several reasons, budget, location ( I am having a destination wedding in Las Vegas in the summer, and I was afraid of wilting) and the keepsake factor.

I went with real touch silks and still spent a pretty penny but I love the way the turned out and don't think they are tacky at all,

• G
    Savvy May 2018
    Gina ·
    • Flag

I work at Michaels and there's always always always new flowers! And they are so gorgeous! I'm not sure what is on the flowers but they feel real!

• Jessica
    Savvy October 2016
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Almost all of my friends have done silk flowers at their weddings and I didn't even know until they told me. I'm doing silk and it was almost half the cost of doing real and they last forever.

Comment on this discussion