MsJRod
Dedicated August 2016

Silk Flowers....Yay or Nay?!

MsJRod, on March 2, 2016 at 11:19 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 23
Saved Save

Hi! I'm new to WW, and I must say, I wish I would have joined a long time ago! I love to see all the support from a community of like-minded brides in progress! My question is this.....my wedding is in August and its a destination wedding. I have made some centerpieces as well as pomander balls with silk (aka fake flowers) I think they look pretty, but I don't want to feel cheesy by not having real flowers. I was hoping to get feedback from others who may have used or are planning to use faux flowers...or to find out if it is a total tacky no-no?!

23 Comments

• Jenny92
    VIP May 2017
    Jenny92 ·
    • Flag

I'm doing all silk Smiley smile

• BrowntoBain
    Super October 2018
    BrowntoBain ·
    • Flag

It's your wedding. Do what you want Smiley smile & welcome!

• AshleeC423
    VIP April 2017
    AshleeC423 ·
    • Flag

I'm doing all silk as well. They're so beautiful and save a ridiculous amount of money!

• Desireecox
    VIP October 2016
    Desireecox ·
    • Flag

I'm doing half silk and half real since it will cut our costs dramatically. But most of my real are babies breathe which are really cheap. Do not feel pressured that you will be judged, they are your family send they are there to support you

• MrsSmith2B
    Super October 2016
    MrsSmith2B ·
    • Flag

Im doing silk and picking wildflowers

• VMDIZZLE
    Master September 2015
    VMDIZZLE ·
    • Flag

I did silk for the bouquets and then did real flowers from the grocery store for the tables. My aunt and I made the centerpieces the day of. I am sure they could have been done the night before, but it helped me calm down haha

• Future Mrs. DW
    Expert October 2017
    Future Mrs. DW ·
    • Flag

I'm doing real. But real flowers have always been my thing. I love fresh flowers on my table. But I'm only have professional flowers for my bouquets. Boutonnieres are being hand made with some silk flowers. The centerpieces are being ordered in bulk from Sam's club and I'm doing them the night before. Smiley smile

• Futurepullen11
    Super October 2016
    Futurepullen11 ·
    • Flag

Only mine and fh flowers will be real. Everyone will have fake

• Princess Crystal
    Super July 2016
    Princess Crystal ·
    • Flag

I will have silk flowers for the centerpieces and real for the bouquets.

• F
    Savvy July 2017
    Future Mrs ·
    • Flag

I don't think it's tacky... Just a matter of personal preference. So if that's what you like, I say go for it! It also seems convenient for a destination wedding and to be able to do ahead of time!

• #BecomingTheLivermans
    Devoted October 2016
    #BecomingTheLivermans ·
    • Flag

Its a matter of your preference and budget. I personally only want real flowers. Yes I know they die quick but that's just one thing I have in my budget that I will not compromise on. Trust me, no one will fuss about fake flowers.

• LV BRIDE
    Expert July 2016
    LV BRIDE ·
    • Flag

I am doing real touch silks and welcome to WW

• FutureMrsK
    Super December 2017
    FutureMrsK ·
    • Flag

Silk flowers can be really pretty- and hard to tell if they're fake!

• MsJRod
    Dedicated August 2016
    MsJRod ·
    • Flag

Wow! you are all so awesome and its really refreshing to get so much feedback and honest opinions! I'm going to stick with my plan to use the silk flowers and (as soon as I can figure out how to)...I'd love to share some photos of what I've already put together! Huge thanks

• Jess L. L.
    Dedicated December 2015
    Jess L. L. ·
    • Flag

I did only silk, we had a winter wedding and decided rather than worrying about wilting or anything silk would be the way to go. I'm so glad I did, I was able to keep my bouquet and use it as decor in our home.

• Victoria
    Devoted April 2018
    Victoria ·
    • Flag

Amazon has decent deals on real feel flowers. if you are looking for petals, the petal garden online also has some great looking silk flower petals in an array of colors. I'm using silk/real feel.

• K
    Beginner June 2016
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Silk for the win

• Raine
    Super April 2016
    Raine ·
    • Flag

I'm doing silk. Afloral.com has good flowers and are reasonable.

• Crystale
    Expert October 2016
    Crystale ·
    • Flag

I am having all silk having a semi destination wedding

• FutureSmiths
    Devoted August 2016
    FutureSmiths ·
    • Flag

I'm thinking of using mostly silk too.

Comment on this discussion