Pirate & 60s Bride
Champion March 2017

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo

Pirate & 60s Bride, on April 25, 2018 at 2:25 PM Posted in Planning 0 69
Saved Save

To help the newly engaged, WHY did you take engagement photos and WHAT did you use them for? Worth the cost? We didn't plan to do this. But hubby found a great Groupon deal so we dressed up in the theme our of local reception (early 60s swanky at a vineyard), to use as our Save The Date. Share your #1 fav photo and how you'll use(d) it!

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 1

69 Comments

• Kristina
    Master August 2018
    Kristina ·
    • Flag

Awwww, your picture is so cute! Love it!

We took pictures mostly for a save the date, and to get to know our photographer a little better. I'll probably print and frame them at some point, too, and put them near our wedding photos Smiley smile

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 2

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 3

I definitely have two favorites. The top one is the one we used for our save the dates. The bottom one is just us. We were genuinely laughing in the second one because he had NO idea how to dip me (Still working on it!) And he was like "OMG I'm going to drop you." We had so much fun taking our pictures and really got to vibe with our photographer. Can't wait for the wedding day!

• Pegs
    VIP July 2018
    Pegs ·
    • Flag

My best friend is a professional photographer and as a gift, she took our engagement photos. We wanted to capture these moments as a newly engaged couple, and I love doing photo shoots so why not?!

Half were taken at the Cleveland Museum of Art, and the other half were taken in the Cleveland Cultural Gardens. We didn't use them for the Save the Date, rather, we shared them with our family, and printed and framed a few for our house. I have a lot of favorites but this is in the Top 3:

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 4

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Love your 1st photo (great lighting). Totally understand why you love 2nd because of the back story. Tee hee. Thanks for sharing and soooo excited for your upcoming big day!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What a wonderful gift! WOW. This is like a styled shot for a magazine. Smiley love

• Katelyn
    Devoted January 2019
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag
    We took engagement pictures mostly because we dont have a lot pictures of each other, and because we found an amazing deal of 150 for online copies of all of our pictures. We used them for our wedding invitations, and I plan on hanging them. I love almost all of them so picking my favorites was hard. Also, love seeing all these beautiful photos of other couples Smiley heart

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 5

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 6

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 7
  • MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

FH didn't want to do engagement photos. I'm just glad we at least got engaged at the dojo where pictures were being taken while it was happening.

I look annoyed because he hurt is knee during our belt test and I thought he was messing with me when he went down on one knee and being dramatic lol. I had no idea someone was taking pictures at that moment.

24312542_10103350491924512_8317080989431

right after

24176811_10103350492119122_3627571460593

• Mrs.Sanok
    VIP September 2018
    Mrs.Sanok ·
    • Flag

We decided to do it to get to know our photographer better, for our STD's and we never had really nice pictures of us so why not! I love all of our pictures, but right now this one picture is my favorite! I will add our the STD too because those are also my top faves!

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 8

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 9

• Mrsbdg
    Champion August 2017
    Mrsbdg ·
    • Flag
    Our engagement pictures were rescheduled so many times that they took place 44 days before the wedding 😶😳

I love this picture!

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 10
  • MrsRies&Love
    VIP May 2018
    MrsRies&Love ·
    • Flag

Our favorite!Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 11

Engagement photos were really important to us so that we could see what we looked like through our photographer's lens and editing! Plus, we had never had any professional photos of the two of us. It ended up serving a million purposes...from being the center of our Save The Date cards, to giving us photos to put on our wedding website, they were strung all around our shower, etc. I would highly recommend them as a necessity!

There are so many that we absolutely love, and all of our photos turned out gorgeous. The one above is our favorite because it's cute and goofy!

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18 ·
    • Flag

We both loved this one!Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 12

• Kelsey
    Devoted November 2018
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

We kinda had two "engagement sessions". The first one was when he proposed and he had my best friend and roommate from college who works as a wedding photographer, hiding to capture the moment and then we took a few posed pictures.

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 13

We also did an engagement shoot with our photographer for the wedding because they included it as a part of the package so we can get to know each other and poses. We used the piggyback one for our save the date.

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 14

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 15

• Michelle
    VIP September 2018
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We took engagement photos (they were part of our wedding package). We thought we’d use them for Save The Dates but we ended up not getting them back in time ( friendor 🙄) so we actually have them displayed in the house. We have a little collage in the hallway and then shutterfly did a deal in the winter where you could get (3) 16x20 so we did that, framed them, and now they hang in our bedroom

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 16

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 17
  • Kristina
    Master August 2018
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

The dinosaur costume omg Smiley xd I love it.

• Nicole
    Dedicated October 2018
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    We had a few good ones, but I thought the colors in this one are awesome. It's one of my fiancé's favorites as well.

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 18
  • Valerie
    Devoted September 2018
    Valerie ·
    • Flag
    We used this pic as our save the date! They weren’t actually planned engagement pics, we were in Paris and were heading to dinner. A photographer asked if we would like some pictures taken for 20 euros. Couldn’t pass up that opportunity... they turned out great!

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 19
  • Morgan
    Devoted June 2018
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

Took the photos for the save the date. Used them for the save the date/website. I think we spent about $300 Euros and it was worth the cost.

SantoriniShow & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 20

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 21

• Shayna
    Super August 2018
    Shayna ·
    • Flag
    We got our engagement photos done as part of our photography package. I will add a couple of them to our photo gallery wall in our apartment, but we won’t be using them for our STD or invites. It was such a fun opportunity to really get to know and get comfortable with our photographer. I think it was worth it. I love all our photos so much, but this candid shot is probably my favorite!

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 22
  • Alyssa
    Super December 2018
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    We got them done because they are part of our package and we wanted to get to know our photographer before our big day. Now I love them so much I’m considering doing save the dates. These are my two favorite at the moment because they show who we are and our little family Smiley smile

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 23

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 24
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag

So many adorable, wow, romantic photos! Didn't even think of doing to get to know the wedding photographer (great idea). Seeing all these happy photos makes me smile. Smiley love

• Mrs J
    Expert May 2018
    Mrs J ·
    • Flag
    Our e-session was included in our photography package. It was a good trial for our photographer and a chance to get to know her. Additionally, I trailed a salon for hair and makeup. We picked one picture to use for our STD. We're using our e-session pics for a slideshow at our reception too. Finally, it was nice to get good photos of FH and I. 😊

It's difficult to pick one favorite, so I attached the photo we picked for our STDs.

Show & Tell Your #1 Engagement Photo 25

Comment on this discussion