NaCole
Devoted September 2014

Show me your Grooms cake!

NaCole, on September 22, 2014 at 10:20 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 45
Saved Save

I am going tomorrow to order a grooms cake and have not decided what i want to get! (sorry if this post has been done a lot before)

45 Comments

• Caylin C.
    Master August 2015
    Caylin C. ·
    • Flag

I don't have a picture because I haven't discussed it with our baker yet, but it will be shaped like a pineapple. FH is a huge Psych fan and there's a hidden pineapple in every episode so I have to put one in our wedding somewhere.

• future mrs hall
    VIP May 2015
    future mrs hall ·
    • Flag

My fh just requested a homemade pineapple upside down cake for his groom's cake. i have going to add 2 small flags to the top that say "i love you" and "i know" (one of the small nods to starwars in our wedding)

• FutureMrs.PC
    Devoted April 2015
    FutureMrs.PC ·
    • Flag

Mine is an Avengers cake!! FH is huge fan lol!! I'd post a pic if you can tell me how!! Lol!

• MrsBruesketobe
    Dedicated July 2015
    MrsBruesketobe ·
    • Flag

FH isn't big on sweets and is not into cake much so we aren't doing one. Since we are doing a small round cake for our "top tier" that we save until our anniversary and having two sheet cakes for the reception and cutting I let him choose the flavor for the round cake. We aren't even having the round one at the wedding. It will be put in the freezer as soon as it is done or as soon as we get it.

• Susan
    Master March 2015
    Susan ·
    • Flag

Hoping I can get him one, thinking making it look like an Xbox or laptop.

• FutureMrs.PC
    Devoted April 2015
    FutureMrs.PC ·
    • Flag

Okay I think I figured out how to post a pic...could not do it on my phone! Here is the one I am having my baker make however it will have white frosting instead of black. It's kinda silly but I know he's going to love it!

• Angel_D
    Master October 2015
    Angel_D ·
    • Flag

Not having one

• JoBu
    Master September 2015
    JoBu ·
    • Flag

FH isn't a huge cake fan, but he adores sugar cookies. So, I am going to do a groom's cookie of some sort. I am not sure if i am going to do a big cookie and have our baker decorate it, or I saw a fun idea on pinterest to have a "cookies and milk" station at the rehearsal or reception. Either way, I will be doing cookies.

• JanuaryWedding
    Super January 2016
    JanuaryWedding ·
    • Flag

Mine is World of Warcraft based. Along with the Horde symbol, I might add the word "Lok'Tar" which means "victory" in Orcish, which is FH's main character race. And I want pictures of our WoW characters on it. His is an Orc, mine a blood elf.

• Mrs2B
    VIP September 2016
    Mrs2B ·
    • Flag

I think I want FH to have a Ford cake... Or something hunting related. He's still big into Eagle Scouts too, so I always have that as an idea too.

• L + A
    VIP May 2015
    L + A ·
    • Flag

This, but with the Seahawks in one end zone and packers in the other. So half of the reason for the grooms cake is selfish. Smiley winking

• H
    Savvy October 2014
    HeartVintage ·
    • Flag

I chose a Star Wars cake since he is a huge fan. Pick something he is interested in and work it in. I am actually doing the grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner instead.

• Mrs. Bauer
    Super October 2014
    Mrs. Bauer ·
    • Flag

FH is a total gamer, and he loves super mario. His cake will be something like this:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.coolest-birthday-cakes.com%2Fimages%2Fcoolest-super-mario-brothers-with-green-mushroom-topper-cake-51-21334472.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.coolest-birthday-cakes.com%2Fmario-brothers-birthday-cakes-2.html&h=400&w=267&tbnid=R8ficdAGkS3lnM%3A&zoom=1&docid=RA30_g1kk4kvHM&ei=NLghVOb4GMawyATJvoCIAg&tbm=isch&ved=0CCAQMygCMAI&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=647&page=1&start=0&ndsp=46

• Emmy
    Master January 2015
    Emmy ·
    • Flag

Can someone explain to me this grooms cake concept. I just don't get it or why I would spend money on it.

• Nay
    Master August 2014
    Nay ·
    • Flag

I surprised Hubby with this Star Trek grooms cake at our vow renewal and he loved it. He's a HUGE Trekkie. He even noticed that the numbers on the hull of the Enteprise were correct. lol

• GrayCatVintage
    Master October 2015
    GrayCatVintage ·
    • Flag

I am going to either make it myself or order a Ghostbusters cake. It is going to be my gift to the GM's and FH - they will have a FIT.

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·
    • Flag

We're huge Dr. Who fans. FH will love it Smiley smile

• Melissa
    Expert November 2014
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

I am surprising him with a Seinfeld cake. Topped with (among other things) a legit Tweety Bird Pez dispenser and "Assman" license plate. I am BEYOND excited to see this thing!!

• JaKLyn
    Master November 2015
    JaKLyn ·
    • Flag

@ Emmy It's just a fun cake that you get to surprise the groom (usually in a different flavor from the wedding cake). It works well for us and isn't really costing us extra since we're using the cake from his groom's cake to make sure we have enough for our guests. We're currently looking at a 3 tiered cake, the grooms cake and cupcakes to make sure we have enough.

• Laura
    Super December 2014
    Laura ·
    • Flag

He wants a Batman cake. I think it will be the logo with something else, we just haven't nailed it down yet.

@Emmy- I am not sure why there are grooms cakes, but I was told by a few people it started as a Southern thing in the US at some point. I am not from here originally, so I didn't get the point either, but FH wants one so I agreed. I think it is nice to have something that is fun and reflects his personality though.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics