Lyssa
Super January 2015

Show me your getaway dresses!! (Pictures!)

Lyssa, on July 25, 2014 at 11:27 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved Save

I know there's the great debate of wearing a different dress to the reception than the ceremony dress (for the record, I'm wearing my GORGEOUS dress the whole time because it's so pretty!) but is anyone changing into a different dress for your grand exit?

I AM! I'm so excited about it! All of my BM are wearing long different shades of purple, so I'm wearing a short purple dress, which magically matches the shoes I picked out for the wedding.

So here's mine, and the shoes I ordered. What are you wearing!?

12 Comments

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·

Here's mine!

• Nay
    Master August 2014
    Nay ·

I'm keeping on my dress, but just wanted to say love the purple. And love the red LadyMonk

Edited for typo.

• Lyssa
    Super January 2015
    Lyssa ·

Oooooh, LadyMonk that's stunning!!

• Mrs.Matthews
    Master January 2015
    Mrs.Matthews ·

We are doing a sparkler exit so I will be rocking my gown

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

I'm wearing my gown straight to the ice cream parlor that is really really close to our church. LOL

• Lyssa
    Super January 2015
    Lyssa ·

DisneyNut, please tell me you're getting pictures of that.

• LadyMonk
    Master September 2014
    LadyMonk ·

Thanks guys! I'm wearing mine for the 1st dance too, because my ballgown is too big for the style of waltz that we're doing (for us beginners, anyway).

DisneyNut - I agree, you definitely need to take photos of that!!!!

Lyssa- I normally hate peep-toes, but I love the shoes you've picked! They go great with that dress

• DisneyNut
    Master October 2014
    DisneyNut ·

Most definately. Our photographer is coming too.

• Lyssa
    Super January 2015
    Lyssa ·

Thanks! I usually don't like them either, but for some reason, these just called my name. It looks so formal and so fun. AND I know FH will love them. He's 6'3" so he loves it when I'm in heels. (I should mention that I'm about 5'9" in flats)

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·

I wore mine the whole time, but I got so sweaty I almost wish I would have changed, at least for the dancing part and end of reception.

• Ali Ess
    Devoted May 2014
    Ali Ess ·

I don't think I have a photo of myself in it, but this was mine. My in-laws had an after-party at their house, so we briefly stopped by and I wore it.

• H
    Devoted May 2014
    HappyGirl ·

I had a cute flowered dress, but the evening got chilly so I changed into jeans and a flannel shirt. lol...

Comment on this discussion