We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

FutureStephD
Super March 2019

Show me your cake, tell me the cost!

FutureStephD, on January 21, 2019 at 3:25 PM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 32
Saved Save

I know costs can vary by area and design, but can anyone share pics of their cake and costs?

Our venue said a cake was "included" and low and behold only a vanilla cake with buttercream was included. We asked how much to do alternating "naked" chocolate and vanilla tiers and were told it's a $2 upgrade per person. Curious on thoughts on this. Here's a picture:

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 1

Thanks,
Steph

32 Comments

• MrsV1027
    Master October 2018
    MrsV1027 ·
    • Flag

Ours was $6.75ish per person and was fully decorated and was 3 different flavors with 3 different fillings

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 2

• Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag

This is our cake inspiration picture (minus the candies and with different flowers)!

Inspiration CakeShow me your cake, tell me the cost! 3

We're having a large four-tiered cake with buttercream icing, a silver drip, and silver borders. We'll have two flavor/filling combinations - the top and bottom will be one, and the two middle will be the other.

Ours is also included with our venue's package and the only upcharge we have is the cost of the silver since our baker doesn't regularly stock edible metallics - we were quoted $50 total for this on a cake which will serve approximately 200 guests.

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We haven't ordered yet, but were quoted $5-$8 per serving for cakes like the one you posted.

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 4

In addition to the two-tier cake, we also had 4 sheet cakes of different flavors. We had enough to fed 160 people (we had 118 guests) and it was $230. Flowers were not included in the cost, they were $35 from our florist.

• C
    VIP January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    $375 for both cakes.
    I think it was $4 per person.
    Wedding cake with 3 different fillings.

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 5
  • Kaitlyn
    Devoted March 2019
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Flag
    We are having a 4 tiered cake but it will look like this. 3 flavors and 3 filling types.

Total cost: $850 including tax and delivery

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 6
  • Courtney
    Dedicated May 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    That's the cake we are getting made for us. The inside will be white cake dyed rainbow. The outside, will go from light blue to light purple and up to white. Itll be heart shaped as well. We are getting family to make it so it's only going to cost about $35

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 7
  • S
    Devoted May 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    This is the inspo for ours. It'll be 135$

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 8
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the info!!
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love these naked cakes!!!
  • FutureStephD
    Super March 2019
    FutureStephD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Super unique! I like it a lot. And what a fun inside!
  • Marieke
    Expert June 2019
    Marieke ·
    • Flag
    We’re getting a 4 tier cake with alternating flavors on each tier and a whipped icing. We want to save the top for our first anniversary. We’re ordering from the best bakery in town. This is our inspiration pic, we have to get the flowers from our florist. We were quoted at $440. Honestly we could probably get it done for less but we are just obsessed with the flavor combos and the quality of this bakery so we aren’t even going to bother continuing to look!

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 9
  • Jessica
    Expert March 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    We are having a grooms cake and a semi naked wedding cake. For both and delivery it is 390$

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 10

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 11
  • Laura
    Dedicated June 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

cakesShow me your cake, tell me the cost! 12

this is the inspo we showed our baker, with additional sheet cake in back, feeding around 140, it was 399 with delivery

• Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    This is ours it will be 550-650.

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 13
  • Alyssa
    Devoted May 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    We’re having a 2 tiered cake just for personal family and buying Costco sheet cakes for our guests. These are the inspiration pictures for our cake. Rainbow layers on the inside that are vanilla flavored cake, with simple rasberry filling. Then the waves in the buttercream frosting as details with the cascading succulents and flowers. She said she would makes all the decor out of sugar flowers too. We were quoted $155 for this cake and free delivery.

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 14

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 15

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 16
  • Officiallymrs
    Super May 2010
    Officiallymrs ·
    • Flag
    Well We did 175 cupcakes and a 6 inch cake for my husband and I go cut and it was 700$ .. 2$ a person isn’t bad at all in my opinion
  • Melissa
    Dedicated May 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    This was our wedding cake, 3 layer cake with 4 flavor combinations. Our cake was included in our package we only paid for the sugar flowers which was $250.00

Show me your cake, tell me the cost! 17
  • Kristin
    Dedicated July 2019
    Kristin ·
    • Flag
    That is gorgeous and what a great alternative to the classic style!
  • Kiyome
    Dedicated December 2021
    Kiyome ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Your cake looks stunning!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles