JamieLynn
Master June 2016

Show me your cake! (or inspiration cake)

JamieLynn, on March 15, 2016 at 11:14 AM Posted in Planning 0 104
Saved Save

We meet with our baker soon and we are still not sure what type (style) of cake we want. We are also doing cupcakes, so we will likely go with a smaller cake & probably fairly simple. That's about the extent of what I know.

Let's see your wedding cakes and inspiration cakes! Pretty please!

104 Comments

• OG Kristen
    Master October 2015
    OG Kristen ·
    • Flag

We did a strawberry shortcake with whipped frosting. It was amazing. The middle layer was chocolate with chocolate mousse for anyone that wasn't a fan of the strawberries.

• Caroline
    VIP September 2016
    Caroline ·
    • Flag

Our wedding is nautical...but clearly I love chevron!

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

Joe LOVES wedding cake and thinks the only flavor should be "white cake." Our baker surprised me with the coconut in the frosting and filling.

I love the lily of the valley (which was also my bouquet). The lily on top was to match J's buot. Ribbon matched some other items.

• N
    Dedicated October 2016
    Nikki ·
    • Flag

We are doing multiple small tiered cakes , some naked some not , so we can have a few flavor options and not 1 huge cake

• M
    Super June 2016
    Ms. Koala ·
    • Flag

This is our inspiration. No need for someone to cut all the pieces of cake! Grab your favorite cupcake flavor and move on.

• N
    Dedicated October 2016
    Nikki ·
    • Flag

Something like this

• SummerS
    Master January 2016
    SummerS ·
    • Flag

MMMMM cake Smiley smile

• JamieLynn
    Master June 2016
    JamieLynn ·
    • Flag

My gosh these are gorgeous!! Tina, the detail on yours is beautiful! I'm not sure how we will ever decide.

• Kaylie
    Master May 2016
    Kaylie ·
    • Flag

Inspiration. We had our tasting last weekend and our amazing friend who is a baker made us a mini version that looked identical to this. I'm so excited. The flavor will be almond cake with strawberry mousse filling and white chocolate buttercream frosting.

• FutureMrsC
    VIP April 2017
    FutureMrsC ·
    • Flag

I have a thing for butterflies. I will most likely incorporate our wedding colors in it, instead of keeping so white.

• futureMrs.Poore
    Super January 2018
    futureMrs.Poore ·
    • Flag

Those are mine!! We love the monogram!

• KPizzle
    Super May 2016
    KPizzle ·
    • Flag

My inspiration.

• mellymel
    Super October 2016
    mellymel ·
    • Flag

This is the cake we ordered

• OG Brittany
    Master December 2016
    OG Brittany ·
    • Flag

I'm slightly obsessed!

• Nonna T
    Master April 2014
    Nonna T ·
    • Flag

JamieLynn, it was all the baker--we never even met him Smiley smile I was sold on him when he said his frosting was so light you could even drink beer with it!

He did come highly recommended and was very reasonably priced. It was deleesh!

• Christina
    Master October 2015
    Christina ·
    • Flag

Ours was delicious! Lemon cake with cream cheese frosting on one tier, white cake with cream cheese, and lemon with raspberry. All covered in buttercream.

• BrowntoBain
    Super October 2018
    BrowntoBain ·
    • Flag

I haven't decided on whether I want a full cake, or just one tier to cut and the rest cupcakes. If we do end up going with a cake FH is not big on frosting so we thought we would do something like this.

• MrsPlasters
    Super September 2015
    MrsPlasters ·
    • Flag

Here's my cake. It was red velvet on the bottom and top tiers and white with coconut cream for the middle tier. It was so pretty and delicious!

• Sarah M
    Devoted October 2016
    Sarah M ·
    • Flag

Hoping to go with something like this! I'm obsessed with this design!

• Heather
    VIP May 2016
    Heather ·
    • Flag

My cake inspiration! Ours will be one layer smaller. I can't do my tasting, so we're sending his mom to do it for us on Saturday!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics