Skip to main content
E
Just Said Yes June 2019

Should I let him invite somebody that hates me?

Emily, on December 12, 2017 at 1:03 PM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 27

My FH and I are working on our guest list and he wanted to add this woman that he has been very good friends with for a long time. However, she and I knew each other before I met him and we had a huge falling out and she still hates me for it. Like really despises me. Should I be inviting her to my...

My FH and I are working on our guest list and he wanted to add this woman that he has been very good friends with for a long time. However, she and I knew each other before I met him and we had a huge falling out and she still hates me for it. Like really despises me. Should I be inviting her to my wedding?

27 Comments

• Janel
    Super September 2018
    Janel ·
    • Flag

No, why would he want to invite someone who hates you?

• Bridecb
    Devoted June 2018
    Bridecb ·
    • Flag

Why would he WANT to invite someone who hates you? No.

• E
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Emily ·
    • Flag

Basically he is a very trustworthy person and she helped him through a hard time in his life but I never felt comfortable with them hanging out together without me so he really stopped hanging out with her but she reaches out to him every once and a while. She moved states and is not much of an issue but she has a valid reason for hating the ignorant me of 4 years ago. I tried hanging out with them once and all she did was throw shade.

• KatieMBY
    VIP January 2018
    KatieMBY ·
    • Flag

Ummm...what? Hell to the no.

Why would he want to invite someone to the wedding who openly didn't like you? I'm all for being friends with whoever you want, but he should have ended that friendship with her if she openly "hates" his soon to be wife. Just my thought.

• Mozabrat
    Devoted October 2018
    Mozabrat ·
    • Flag

Um, nooooo! She does not like you and obviously probably isn't too thrilled with your engagement. I would not invite her at all and I am sure she would not be surprised anyway.

Poof...two spots open.

• Alforev
    VIP August 2018
    Alforev ·
    • Flag

Nope. Absolutely not. Tell your FH it's not an option. You two should be inviting people you both want to spend your wedding day with.

• mataDC
    Devoted September 2017
    mataDC ·
    • Flag

People change, so even if she didn't like you then, she should still be giving you the benefit of the doubt, and respecting your FH's decision to be with you. If she can't respect you and your FH's judgment, she shouldn't be given the respect of inviting her to your wedding

• Heather
    Expert March 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Nope. This is to celebrate you and fh becoming one.. No need for the added stress

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics