Stephanie
Devoted July 2018

Should Fhs parents names go on invites too?

Stephanie, on April 19, 2018 at 2:50 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 16
Saved Save
Sorry y'all, third post today. My parents are paying for the ceremony and bulk of the reception. FIL's are paying for the rehersal dinner and just told us they will also pay for a favor at the end (King of Pops popsicles to come in and give popsicles as everyone leaves). We were going to do invites with my parents names only. However, now that FILs are contributing a little should we have their names as well or something like "together with their families"? Thanks y'all!

16 Comments

• J
    Devoted June 2018
    Janette ·
    We included them, even though they didn't contribute anything out of courtesy.

I'd still include them since they are contributing.
  • Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·

We put "together with their families" we invite you to the wedding of... That way no one is offended even though only FH's dad and step mom gave us money.

• KarenO
    Master June 2018
    KarenO ·

We put their names but after FH's, so it reads:

My parents names

request the pleasure of your company

at the marriage of their daughter

My name

to

FH's name

Son of FILs

My parents are paying for the bulk of the wedding, and we only just found out (after having the invitations printed) that FH's will pay for the rehearsal dinner. We wanted to include their names out of respect but still show that my parents are hosting the wedding.

• Michelle
    VIP September 2018
    Michelle ·
    We did together with their families and my parents haven’t paid a dime! I think it’s just as a mutual respect- my parents just can’t afford it and his can.
  • PrincessLawrence
    VIP June 2018
    PrincessLawrence ·

We did The parents of

• Susan
    VIP December 2017
    Susan ·
    View Quoted Comment
    This is what we did as well. Its the most traditional wording, and it just made sense. My parents paid for most things, but both DH and I as well as his parents contributed.
  • FutureMrsD
    Rockstar July 2019
    FutureMrsD ·

It just depends on what you want, I'm putting "together with their families" since stepparents are involved and only my fiance's dad and stepmom are helping, not his mom. We are also putting money towards it, so the shorter line just seems less stressful!

• An
    Super September 2019
    An ·

I would run this by your parents... if they have no issue with "Together with their families..." I would do that so no one's feelings are hurt. I also think KarenA's wording works to include both!

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·

Our invites will say "Together with their parents..." because both of our families are contributing to different things. No matter what, even if they gave you a small amount to help with the wedding, you should still include them. Has FMIL helped you pick your dress? Is she helping set up? They're still involved in some way so I'd still include them but I wanted to honor my parents in that way. If you don't want to add their names, you should take your parents names off as well.

Alternatively you could address the invite like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith invite you to the wedding of their daughter, Jane Smith to John Doe, son of Mr. and Mrs. Doe..." blah blah blah.

• M
    Super August 2018
    Marta ·
    I think they should be included
  • K
    Devoted October 2018
    Kimberly ·
    We also did together with their families even though my FH and I and my parents are the only ones paying for the wedding. My FHs parents dont have the money to help out but they are still his parents and super excited for the big day.
  • Stephanie
    Devoted July 2018
    Stephanie ·
    Thanks everyone!
  • Chris
    Devoted July 2012
    Chris ·

My parents contributed nothing but went on the invites. I think it's just courtesy.

• Munchkin9218
    Master September 2018
    Munchkin9218 ·

My parent's are contributing, and FH and I are contributing but his parents are not

We use "Together with their Families Mrs. Munchkin and Mr. Munchkin FH request the honor of your presence on their wedding day"

Ceremony information

Reception to follow

• J
    Super June 2019
    JuneBride ·
    What we are putting on the invites is "together with their families (first name, last name) & (first name, last name) request the honor of your company as they marry"
  • MrsDW2B
    Dedicated August 2018
    MrsDW2B ·

I'm still on the fence about my invitations. Currently my saved draft has Dr. and Mrs. request the honor of your presence at the marriage of their daughter to XXX. My parents are contributing to the ceremony/reception, we are paying for the additional items, and his mother is sending us on a cruise for our honeymoon. His father and step mother have not contributed.

Comment on this discussion