R
Just Said Yes September 2019

Shoes for Shoe Game Question

Rachel, on May 11, 2019 at 12:57 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save
So this is probably a dumb question. I think we are planning on playing the shoe game at our reception. I find it more comfortable to have metatarsal foot pads in my shoes. It’s a sticky insert for the ball of your foot. That might look kind of strange if we’re holding up shoes for the shoe game. Should I have a second pair I use for that or what is your suggestion?

7 Comments

• Grace
    Expert June 2019
    Grace ·
    I think you can get clear ones! They’ll still show a little but I’d just get those and not worry about it. I doubt anyone will notice the foot pad anyone or care because I think a lot of women wear them in heels especially
  • Mcskipper
    Master July 2018
    Mcskipper ·
    No reason to use shoes at all!
    We played a version of this at my shower...well not a “version”— it was exactly the shoe game, only, no shoes. My bridesmaid decorated 2 sets of foam balls (painted to look like kickballs, as that’s how we met), gluing a felt tie to one and a felt veil to the other, so we each had a little “bride” and a litttle “groom” to hold up.
  • Keary
    Expert May 2019
    Keary ·
    I made "bride" and "groom" paddles for my friends wedding. I think I spent $15 (most of that on a hot glue gun) and we used those for this game. Looks better in pictures than holding a shoe IMO
  • April
    Dedicated January 2020
    April ·
    Never heard of this shoe game before, please enlighten me on it with a link or a description.
  • R
    Just Said Yes September 2019
  • April
    Dedicated January 2020
    April ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds like fun! And to the OP, I agree with the people above. No one's going to care or use something else instead of actual shoes.
  • Katie
    Super November 2019
    Katie ·
    We will also be playing the shoe game at our wedding and I will have pads in my shoes as well but mine are 5in heels because my FH is 6' 3" and I am 4' 11" and if anyone has anything to say I will gladly ask them how their feet would feel after hours in 5 in heels.. My suggestion is no need to get a different pair of shoes for a game stuck to the ones you already purchased

Comment on this discussion