A
Beginner March 2015

sending invitations

Amanda, on August 30, 2014 at 5:30 PM Posted in Planning 0 4
Saved Save

So I have sent out my save the dates to all of my guests and have been hearing from some of my international guests that they will be unable to attend. Do i still send them a formal invitation or do i save the postage?

4 Comments

• Della
    VIP July 2015
    Della ·
    • Flag

I believe according to etiquette, you are still supposed to send an invitation. However, some view this as rude and as a gift grab as you already know they are unable to attend. My main concern would be if their plans change so that they are able to attend. I'd still probably invite them.

• Courtney
    VIP January 2015
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I'm cheap and want to save on postage. So if they tell me they aren't coming, I'm not going to send an invite to them.

• Becky
    Expert October 2014
    Becky ·
    • Flag

We sent them invitations anyway. There were 8 international guests so it wasn't a whole ton of money. If you don't have too many I guess I'd say send it.

• Northern MN
    Master November 2014
    Northern MN ·
    • Flag

If someone made it very clear that they couldn't come vrs a maybe or undecided we didn't send them an invite. The exceptions were family we thought might want the formal invitation or the memento of the event.

Comment on this discussion