We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Lenaya
Dedicated January 2020

Seated Ceremony with Tables?

Lenaya, on March 14, 2019 at 2:17 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 1 8
Saved Save

Have any of you had or are planning to have your guests seated at tables for your ceremony? We have two rooms for rent and are trying to find a way to use one of our rooms for both the ceremony and to eat at while using the other one for dancing for the reception. If so, how'd you arrange the tables? We're planning for 75 guests so i know it's do-able but I am just having a hard time imagining the layout.

8 Comments

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

We aren't planning this, nor have we been to a wedding like this. BUT I've seen it on the 4 weddings tv show before! Usually the tables are separated by an aisle with low centerpieces so everyone can see the ceremony.

• Justine
    Super July 2019
    Justine ·
    • Flag

We are only having that situation if it rains during our ceremony. Like you said, it's definitely doable!

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

I'm not planning this, but I haven't attended a wedding like this. As a guest, my only complaint was that it was harder to see what was going on, but then again, I'm short, so there's a change I wouldn't have been able to see in a regular set-up either.

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

My best friend's wedding was situated like this and it was exactly as FutureMrsD described. Aisle down the center, she didn't have any centerpieces at all, and everyone got to see the ceremony.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

You would just put tables on both sides of an aisle. We are doing this as our Plan B if it rains. Our ceremony and reception are at the same place, but the ceremony is outside. If it rains, we will move the ceremony into the reception space and just have guests sit at their tables.

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Last wedding I went to was like this. Fun sketch for reference.
    They had the aisle lined with tables and their sweetheart table on the left side. Ceremony took place on the dance floor by the DJ and bar. Their placecard and gift table were in the back and they entered through the door back there
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Forgot the sketch lol

Seated Ceremony with Tables? 1
  • T
    Super June 2019
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag
    We are doing this. Went to a wedding like this indoor and it was fine. Ours will be bigger and outdoor so we haven’t figured that out.

Comment on this discussion

Related articles