jamie
Just Said Yes July 2010

Scuba Diving Honeymoon - July 2010 - SUGGESTIONS needed...please

jamie, on March 22, 2010 at 3:12 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 13
Saved Save

We really want a tropical paradise with lot's of places to dive. We'd rather not be tied down to one location for very long - we'd like to be mobile. The duration or our honeymoon will be between 10-14 days long with about a $10k budget

We've been thinking of

Tahiti (afraid we'll get bored after a couple of days)

Cook Islands (same thing)

Cruise 0 Carribean/Mexico)

PUnta Cana

What do you all think - where is the best tropical paradise you've been?

Thanks everyone!

Cruise

13 Comments

• Shell
    Master June 2009
    Shell ·
    • Flag

We went to Riviera Maya, in Mexico. it hold the second largest reef, along with ALOT of cave diving sites. we stayed there for 8 days in an all inclusive and took dive trips and it was about 3000. there is some absolutly beautiful diving there.

• Shell
    Master June 2009
    Shell ·
    • Flag

http://www.rivieramaya.com/index.php?option=com_dirfrm&task=listAll&catid=4&id=3&Itemid=19

• jamie
    Just Said Yes July 2010
    jamie ·
    • Flag

Wow, thank you so much for your suggestion! That happens to be one of the stops on a cruise we are thinking of going on. It's just so hard to chose.

• Shell
    Master June 2009
    Shell ·
    • Flag

Since you want to be mobile, find a cruze that stops in a bunch of different dive spots, but i would totally reccomend diving here if you get the chance :]

• Shell
    Master June 2009
    Shell ·
    • Flag

Cruise**

• jamie
    Just Said Yes July 2010
    jamie ·
    • Flag

OMG, that is AMAZING!

• kelseyj
    VIP August 2010
    kelseyj ·
    • Flag

I went scuba for the first time in St. Lucia when i was like 14... I mostly just remember being scared s*tless but it was really cool... not like the pic above though!!! i also went snorkeling in Aruba around a sunken WWII ship and that was cool! but that's not really scuba... i'm not much help... haha

• Ann Petronio
    January 2020
    Ann Petronio ·
    • Flag

For a two week honeymoon that includes amazing diving I would recommend Belize. Beautiful beaches, barrier reef, offshore islands....and you can also spend some time inland in the jungle, Mayan ruins, river rafting, cave tubing -- great variety of experiences, and no way you'll get bored.

• jamie
    Just Said Yes July 2010
    jamie ·
    • Flag

Belize sounds great, I love rafting & Diving. I didn't realize we could go to offshore islands as well. Definitely something to think about.

• Mrs.Horning
    Devoted October 2010
    Mrs.Horning ·
    • Flag

You should think about going to Costa Rica. They have scuba diving, hot springs, zip lining, white water rafting, deep sea fishing, snorkeling, active volcanoes you can visit, rainforests. My fiance and I booked our honeymoon there due to all the activity.

• WV
    January 2020
    WV ·
    • Flag

Would you like to pay wholesale price rather than retail price on your honeymoon trip? You can visit

www.mysuitelife.worldventures.biz

- click on the link "dreamtrips"

And you can book any flights, excursions, cruises,

hotels, car rentals, stay at condos/villas

If interestad, email me at *******@*****.***

• WV
    January 2020
    WV ·
    • Flag

The website to book flights, excursions, cruises,

hotels, car rentals, condos/villas is

www.mysuitelife.rovia.com

• Michelle Powell
    January 2020
    Michelle Powell ·
    • Flag

I HIGHLY recommend Punta Cana! We went there last month and LOVED it! I can send you picture if you'd like. Email me at **************@***.*** They had many scuba diving excursions, etc. SOO much fun!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics