Jenny
Savvy February 2015

Save-the-date postcards

Jenny, on April 11, 2014 at 1:15 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Saved Save

I want to do save-the-date postcards because it will save us a little money on postage, but the only thing that concerns me is the card getting dirty through the mail (which isnt that big of a deal), but then all that info being public basically since its out in the open. What is everyone's experiences with save-the-date postcards?

4 Comments

• Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.)
    Master August 2012
    Tiffany M. ( Tiffany P.) ·
    • Flag

It's a common thing to do, using Save the Date Postcards. If you are afraid of your information being out in the open I would think you could put them in an envelope. I believe it would cost the same for postage and your information wouldn't be out in the open.

• Katie
    Super June 2014
    Katie ·
    • Flag

We did save the date postcards and they didn't really get that dirty. We only put the City/State where we are getting married, our names, and the date. From what I can understand though, if you put it in an envelope you would then have to pay the regular postage and could not use the postcard stamp anymore. I was told that if it is in an envelope of any kind, it is considered a "letter" and then it's weighed for normal postage.

Everyone loved our postcards and thought they were a super cute idea. This was the front of ours.

• Soon-2-B Mrs. K
    Devoted September 2014
    Soon-2-B Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

Love postcards! We didn't do STD postcards but our RSVP cards were postcards and even our reception invitations were oversized postcards but we put those in an envelope. They were still a lot cheaper than getting actual invites and I don't even know the difference between the quality of the postcard paper and invitation paper...they are the same exact thing.

• Arlene
    Dedicated March 2014
    Arlene ·
    • Flag

I love the postcard idea but had the same concerns as you. We did the same postcard size but in a magnet so ppl could stick that on their fridges. I did it on Vistaprint and they came with white envelopes for free and it was the same postage price as a postcard. I got the idea from a fellow bride on this forum about a year ago... sigh!

Comment on this discussion