Colleen
Devoted September 2016

Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica

Colleen, on January 28, 2016 at 4:36 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 3
Saved Save

Hey everyone! I've been working with a travel agent to figure out where to go and get the best value for what my fiancé and I are wanting. We are getting married in September and the Sandals resort our agent is suggesting for us is the Whitehouse in Jamaica. Have any of you been? Know anyone who has? I love the fact that it is all inclusive and has a variety of dining and activities to choose from so the all inclusive factor doesn't become repetitive. And the pictures online are beautiful. I would love to have some personal experiences though from people who have actually been. Thanks!!

3 Comments

• Lindsay Varner
    January 2020
    Lindsay Varner ·
    • Flag

We chose Sandals Whitehouse in Jamaica because friends of ours had honeymooned there, and it was an absolutely beautiful week! The food was fantastic...we really loved the pizzas at Giuseppe's, and I ate more desserts than I should have thats for sure! We did a lot of the activities, and I discovered a passion for kayaking and paddleboarding that I wasn't expecting. Snorkling was fantastic, and may I recommend that regardless of which one you choose, take advantage of an excursion or two. It is a really fantastic way to experience some of the local culture and beauty safely. We did a kayaking/zipline excursion and it was one of the highlights of our trip.

Sandals Whitehouse is the only resort on its beach, so it was fairly quiet, and there were no issues with people trying to sell drugs to us or anything at all for that matter. The beach is beautiful, and we played a lot of beach volleyball. We also had a fantastic couples' massage on the beach.

The resort is about 1 1/2 hours from the airport, and it goes over some fairly rough and winding roads. We had great drivers both ways, but if you get carsick, take meds ahead of time and try to sit up front.

Take the time to get involved in the various activities they have throughout the day. We got to know some of the entertainment staff fairly well, and we even ate breakfast with one which gave us a chance to learn more about Jamaica's culture and more about Sandals employee relations. They had a lot of fun games like cornhole, volleyball, bingo, and relay races during the day, and various shows at night. The staff truly are a talented bunch. I participated in "Minute to Win It" and one of the trivia games.

If you are walking along the beach at night, keep an eye out for crabs. There are some pretty big ones. Definitely bring watershoes, especially if you plan on swimming on parts of the beach not roped off by Sandals. Several people got sea urchin spines stuck in their feet.

Mosquito spray is a must! I got a lot of bites even though I thought I had fairly strong bug spray.

Overall, it was a fantastic week, and I'd love to go back!

• CassieM
    Super April 2016
    CassieM ·
    • Flag

We are doing sandals Jamaica Ocho Rios. I have never been but the reviews I have been reading sound awesome. It's a large resort with 16 different places to eat so if that's important to you may be worth checking out too!

• FutureMrs.Banks
    Beginner August 2016
    FutureMrs.Banks ·
    • Flag

We are doing Iberostar Grand Rose Hall in Jamaica!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics