Salt Covenant
Has anyone done this or plan to do this? I want to include our son. Is that ok? and if yeah does anyone have any ideas as to how to store the salt. I want all 3 of us yo have something to keep forever.

Thanks if this makes since if not let me know and i will try to clarify.

Married: 07/30/2011
Posted On: Sep 8, 2010 at 1:06 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate1 like

4 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Meghan
Married: 08/20/2011
Reviews: 3
Sep 08, 2010 at 1:07 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Never heard of it. I've heard of a sand ceremony, but never salt anything.
Sep 08, 2010 at 1:12 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Jessica, the salt covenant I have says you should use the salt and then refill the container together. And yes, your son can put salt into the container during the ceremony.

Married: 07/31/2010
Reviews: 5
Sep 09, 2010 at 1:54 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Hi Jessica ~ We did a Salt Covenant. You could incorporate your son into it, depending on how you do it and what it means to you. For us, a Salt Covenant had a religious aspect, and means it is unbreakable.

The pastor who married us had both of us pour a little salt into a dish, while he poured salt from a larger container into the same dish. My husband and I then dipped a piece of bread into the salt and ate it. When we were through, we poured the salt from the dish into the larger container. The picture shows how everything was set up: the larger, blue container (purchased on ebay!), the two smaller containers for my husband and me, the bread, and the small dish to pour the salt into:

Married: 07/30/2011
Sep 22, 2010 at 4:31 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Thanks for the input guys. @Michele S. I am using it the same way as meaning unbreakable....I am going to include our son in it because I promise to each other affects him as well I am just making known to everyone that as a family unit we will never be broken!
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct