Abby
VIP March 2019

rsvp Headache

Abby, on February 11, 2019 at 6:29 PM Posted in Planning
I've heard time and time again about how annoying dealing with RSVPs are, but I never knew just how annoying it would be. We sent our invites right on the two month mark and immediately got a few RSVPs but they've slowed down to nothing now. Our deadline is this Saturday and I've only received 30 out of 73 responses. How hard is it for someone to put their name down, mark yes or no, and stick something in the mail? Did ya'll get more in the last couple days or even after the deadline?

Sorry, I just needed to vent a little!
Share:

22 Comments

• Victoria
    Rockstar October 2018
    Victoria ·
    We did online only RSVP and even then I feel like most came in the last day or two.

I'm horrible with mailing back RSVPs. I do it, but I usually send them the day before they're due. (Shame on me!) I'd bet you get a flood of them end of this week and even beginning of next week.
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    I think you’ll have last minute people

its possible that youre in area of people who “forget”

in my area its going to be viewed as very rude

i would try to be patient until a few days after deadline in case people are mailing by that date
  • Maggie
    Super February 2019
    Maggie ·
    We got a lot at first, and then a lot at the very last minute. Not so many in between. We're doing plated meals and I can't tell you how many times someone would tell our parents or us "oh I'm so excited about the chicken" and think that was sufficient. We did have to follow up with some people who then gave us maybes or said they didn't know they had to RSVP 😑 But on a positive note we were able to get answers from everyone within 3 or 4 days of our RSVP date. Its frustrating but some people do just genuinely forget.
  • Tynesha
    Savvy May 2019
    Tynesha ·

We are doing online RSVP and people still are not doing them. I’m going to wait until a few days before the deadline and send out a courtesy text or email reminding them of the deadline so hopefully I can get all of the responses before actual deadline date.

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm definitely not looking forward to having to follow up with over half of our guest list. I guess people do just genuinely forget but it just seems to be so much of the guest list all forgetting or putting off to the last minute!
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm sure hoping we get a whole bunch of them by the end of this week so I don't have to follow up with over half of our guest list!
  • Maggie
    Super February 2019
    Maggie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I think you will end up getting a lot between now and then. A week doesn't seem like a long time but I remember feeling the same way around this time and ended up getting a lot of last minute ones in.
  • Nisa
    Super March 2019
    Nisa Online ·

Following, my deadline date is still a month away buuuuut no one is RSVP'ing! What the heck

• Stacie
    Devoted March 2019
    Stacie ·
    Our deadline is in a week and have yet to hear from about 60% of the guest list. I feel your pain!
  • M
    Dedicated March 2019
    Melissa ·
    Our deadline is Friday. I’ve remimded people several times but now I’m done chasing people. Not sure if I will even include them on the seating chart. You never realize how important an RSVP is until your the one who has to pay for every plate and fork!
  • K
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kayla ·
    We sent out over 100. Even did online. Between both options we've gotten only 11 back. I sent out a message to everyone reminding them of our deadline and due to last minute stress of the situation we recently had to handle, I was unable to call individually to discuss the attendance. I did let them all know if I don't have their answer by this Friday, they will not be accounted for and no extras will be made for food. I have definitely turned into bridezilla with this wedding both to those in the wedding and those attending. All just happened within the last 5 days, though, so there's no excuse why I haven't received responses for the previous 2 months. We're merely 3.5 weeks away, and saddening cat got everybody tongue, and apparently hands too. Anywho, those accounted for by Friday will have seating and food to eat. Those not accounted for can stay at home. We invited roughly 150 and I'm perfectly content with the 50 (total between 11 rsvps received) that have confirmed their attendance. And let's not even think of no-shows right now. Enough has gone wrong lol
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm thinking the same thing! Anyone who does not RSVP and shows up anyway will have to bring a chair and some food because neither will be provided for them! Sorry not sorry!
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I knew there would be people I have to chase down but I didn't know it would be thos bad! 😫
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    You'd think at least the married people would know how important it is to RSVP! People better not just show up unless they have food and a chair with them!
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I've never had to personally RSVP for a wedding, but any kind of party I'm ever invited to I make sure to respond as soon as I can so I'll never understand why people wait till the last minute. 🙄
  • K
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kayla ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Before last week, we were planning for a buffet reception. Our officiant backed out and the church went right out the door with him....a month before the wedding. I am an angry bitter bride right now towards him, his wife, and their relative (long story but all 3 are very much involved with the disaster). Everything was included at the church, and bc he is related to FH it was at no cost. So a month before the wedding we had to book a whole other venue and pay a couple thousand, THAT WE DID NOT HAVE. FH still wants these 3 people invited...I'm angry about that too but I'm going to be civil and understand that they are related and I can't change any of it. So after paying extra for what was already booked originally at no additional cost, I have ZERO EMPATHY OR PITY for anyone who cannot follow simple wedding etiquette. I went ahead and self-addressed each rsvp envelope and stamped it so all they had to do was put a name, check accept/decline, and number attending if accepting our invitation. 11 out of over 100? They can all kiss my tail for all I care. But I'll send the no-shows and non-rsvp'ers all thank you cards that say "Thanks for saving us money" 😂😂 I'm really not that harsh but I'm am fed up with it all. If we could get away with a courthouse wedding, I'd cancel everything and do that. However, those aren't offered amymore.
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh wow I am so sorry that you've had to deal with all of that! I will never understand the nerve if some people! 😡 I definitely hope the best for you and your wedding!
  • PorterPoppin
    Rockstar March 2019
    PorterPoppin ·
    We gave our guests the option to mail back rsvp (stamp provided of course) or to rsvp online through our website. Out of 195 people 114 have responded thankfully. Most came in the beginning, about 20 of them were through mail. Now I get a few a week, sometimes. I’m cool with 114 guests though lol so they can stop.

Foreal though I’m not sure what’s so hard about responding. We’re on computers, phones, tablets all day, they could simply login and decline or accept. I’ve had people tell me “so & so can’t make it” weeks ago. She just declined yesterday. I’ve had a bunch text me and say “we’ll be at your wedding!!” I’m like awesome! Here’s the link to my website!! Lol idk what’s wrong with folks
  • Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby ·
    View Quoted Comment
    For real! Like it's not that hard haha! I've had 58 people out of 164 respond! I'm totally ok if not all of those people come. I'd actually rather have some of those people decline. What I don't want is for them to say nothing and then show up anyway!
  • K
    Dedicated March 2019
    Kayla ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Doll😊 I know it'll all be worth the stress in the end, but I've cried enough and yelled enough. I'm usually the happiest person no matter the situation. I just can't help it this time. Our new venue is ALL-INCLUSIVE and well within the budget we set. The owner has worked with us 100% because of what happened, and that's eased a good bit of the stress, but we realized exactly what contracts are designed for and are kicking ourselves for not having each of them sign one. Now, it's just a waiting game lol. Little over 3 weeks to go💜

Comment on this discussion