XamanthaRose
Dedicated November 2018

Rose petals

XamanthaRose, on October 5, 2018 at 12:46 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 6
Saved Save
I have two flower girls how many rose petals do I need for them. Pros and cons to fake/real/freeze dried? Where to buy?

6 Comments

• Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    Depending on if you're wedding is outside or not (inside you'll have to clean up anyway), I would go with real. Real ones don't necessarily have to be cleaned up outside. Little more expensive but with the convenience if you don't have to.
  • XamanthaRose
    Dedicated November 2018
    XamanthaRose ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's inside
  • L
    Beginner February 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    Go fake for ceremony they’re a dollar a bag at dollar tree easier to clean up n most places don’t allow because they stain carpets when walked on. Do real for the special sexy night because the feel or real is so much better. At the ceremony no one will really notice because they be lookin and walking over them. Hope that helps.
  • Sam
    Master August 2024
    Sam ·
    • Flag

Hi XamanthaRose! I think that real rose petals look really romantic and beautiful! But, you may want to inquire with your venue before committing! As mentioned above, since you have an indoor venue, you may want to confirm that you are able to use real rose petals before purchasing! Also, I would stay away from freeze dried petals! They tend to crumble/break very easily, and will make for a stressful clean-up! Will you be incorporating roses in other parts of your decorations?

• Annie
    VIP October 2018
    Annie ·
    • Flag

Check with your venue if you're allowed to use fake petals. My venue only allows real rose petals for environmental reasons. If you use fake, I'd get 2 bags per flower girl.

• Hailey
    Savvy September 2018
    Hailey ·
    • Flag

Check with your venue before you buy anything because they might not allow fake petals! We had our 2 ring bearers 4 yrs & 1 yr and 1 flower girl 2 yrs hold one sign each so as they came down they said "Here" "She" "Comes!" I wish I had a picture but I haven't gotten them back yet. Basically the signs were something for them to hold and fidget with while doing that long walk Smiley smile

Good luck!!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics