Annelore
Devoted September 2016

Road Trip Honeymoon

Annelore, on June 10, 2016 at 3:36 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 12
Saved Save

Welp...the FH is still up for trying to swing the wedding this year even with his health issues.

So now we're trying to plan the honeymoon on a shoestring budget. We're looking in to road tripping from SoCal out east as far as we can manage. We're guessing we'll have about 10 days to do the trip. Main places we both want to go are Yosemite and the Grand Canyon. I absolutely have to stop at the Selena Quintanilla museum in Corpus Christi...

Anyone have any other must-see places on the way?

12 Comments

• Ksmith45
    Dedicated June 2016
    Ksmith45 ·

Don't have much feed back but FH and I are also doing a road trip honeymoon. San Diego to north Carolina(where FH is stationed) while you're at the Grand Canyon Sedona is a cute little town with great hiking, food and shopping.

• Future Mrs.Garrison
    Expert June 2017
    Future Mrs.Garrison ·

Oh gosh, well @Ksmith you should go to the outer banks in North Carolina! The most beautiful place I've been in the country hands down. If y'all get out that far @annelore you should go too

• Laudie
    Master October 2013
    Laudie ·

Albuquerque would be pretty cool, along with Zion National Forest or Denver...it depends on the route you take exactly

• Staci
    Master September 2014
    Staci ·

Vegas?

• NativeBride
    Super October 2016
    NativeBride ·

I roadtrip all the time! I love it! Theres an app called road trippers and it's awesome! It give you information on fun places to stop and gas prices!

• Christine
    Devoted June 2016
    Christine ·

We're going from NY to Cali! FH has been planning the stops. He pours over maps for hours.... I can't do it lol. I'm like, let me know when it's time to pack the car. But I LOVE Road Tripping!!!

• Annelore
    Devoted September 2016
    Annelore ·

@Staci, I've had a horrible experience in Vegas in which I ended up in the hospital...so I try to avoid that city like the plague!

@Ksmith, how long are you taking for your trip? I would like to go from coast to coast, but I don't want to be too stressed or rushed.

Thanks for the input, ladies I'm also hoping we can find some random small town that has almost nothing it's famous for... We like those places lol

• NowASeptMrs
    Master September 2015
    NowASeptMrs ·

I would only do a road trip if you really want to do one. Otherwise I would do a nice hotel nearby, in town or up to 4 hours away. DH and I did a road trip when we moved and it's not relaxing. It's a lot of driving and stopping for potty breaks and one person is always focusing on the road... And you get to your stopping point and are tired and drained and it's hard to sight see. Personally, it's not relaxing.

• BlueHenBride
    Master March 2017
    BlueHenBride ·

Aww, one of my best friends and her husband did a road trip in the south west for their honeymoon! They started on west Texas and worked their way into NM, but since she went to grad school in AZ, I think they headed north a bit after that.

If you're headed through the Grand Canyon, I've heard Flagstaff, AZ is a cute place to stop, too. Their weather is much cooler than the rest of AZ. I've never been up there, but I want to while we're still living in AZ. I'd also recommend White Sands, NM. My friend and her husband did include this as a stop on their honeymoon, and I've known several people who have visited it and said it was pretty cool.

• Karen
    Dedicated June 2017
    Karen ·

If you're headed to Yosemite, be sure to see the giant sequoias

You could also check out the ancient Bristlecone pine forests out near Big Pine, CA

• Kristy
    Master November 2015
    Kristy ·

We did a road trip honeymoon.. It was a BLAST! We only booked the first 2 nights in Vegas and then winged everything else. We had a flight home from Salt Lake City.

• Amy
    Super June 2016
    Amy ·

I'm partial to Colorado, I live here though hehe. Garden of the gods and red rocks if you come through

Comment on this discussion