Neffe
Master July 2020

Rivals or Teammates?

Neffe, on August 15, 2018 at 2:05 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 35
Saved Save

It’s game time! With football season approaching and fantasy draft beginning, I want to know, do you and your fiance(e) cheer for the same team, or are you fans of different teams? How do you handle football season? Or, are you a football free household?

Rivals or Teammates? 1

Corey Ann Photography

Rivals or Teammates? 2

Diana Elizabeth Photography

Rivals or Teammates? 3

Hoffer Photography

35 Comments

• Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I am a cowboys fan who is marrying an eagles fan! Huuuuge rivals. Most of the time we are pretty okay but the twice a year our times play each other we can get kind of competitive haha.
  • Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

FH is an Eagles fan and I am a die hard Saints fan - we rarely interact but when we do, it gets ugly. We do go to either Philly or NOLA for the game when they do play each other. This year it's NOLA so for our Mini-moon that's where we are headed! I can't wait to see my boys at home!

• caitlin
    Super May 2017
    caitlin ·
    • Flag

I was never a football fan but very randomly i happened to buy a Detroit Lions hoodie at a second hand store shortly before H and i met. i threw it on one morning early in our relationship and he was like "whoah, amazing shirt!" turns out he is a lifelong, long-suffering Lions fan, haha. that year ended up being a decent season for them and i was like, oh, great, my boyfriend likes a semi-winning team...in the years that have followed, not so much Smiley xd we're Canadian, but we still go down to Detroit for a game once a year when we can swing it. (i always wear my lucky sweatshirt.)

• Joanna
    Dedicated November 2018
    Joanna ·
    • Flag
    College football!! I'm a USC alumnus and FH is a UCLA alumnus so we're friendly rivals when it comes to collegiate football. Funny enough, our wedding is a day after the USC UCLA football game! Haha

Rivals or Teammates? 4
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm cowboy's fan as well, so I definitely understand the rivalry!!

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Aww, I love it, how cute!! Smiley kiss Smiley heart

• Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

We're on the same team.

When I met my FH, I didn't care about football, so it was easy for me to "switch" teams. By that I mean, it's almost UNHEARD OF for someone from Western PA to NOT be a Steelers fan. My FH hates the Steelers and grew up in a Cleveland Brown household. Sacreligious, I know. When my FH started watching football, he really admired Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, so he became a Baltimore Ravens fan, and the rest of history. It's funny, we can't even openly support them here because they're Steelers' rivals. But it sure makes it interesting! Hahaha.

• Saskia
    Devoted September 2018
    Saskia ·
    • Flag

I'm a Broncos fan and FH is a Giants fan. We enjoy cheering for both. We also got our two cats when the Manning brothers played for each team; we have two girl cats named Peyton and Eli. Smiley tongue

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, this is such a cool story!!

• L
    Devoted June 2019
    LaShonda ·
    • Flag
    We r rivals... house divided... I'm Crimson tide fan and he is Seminoles fan... wonder what that house divided cake going 2 look like for college football season 😁.. Roll tide roll!
  • L
    Devoted June 2019
    LaShonda ·
    • Flag
    Omg very beautiful and creative... might have 2 borrow it idea!
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh no! This is a serious rivalry!! Lol

• Hannah
    Devoted July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I'm a 49ers fan marrying a Patriots fan. We have so much fun teasing each other and we admire some players on each other's teams that we basically support each other and the team choices without having brawls come football season.
  • Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    I met my fh in 4th grade. We didn't have a local football team at the time, so I didn't have a team. Hes a lions fan and he told me I should be too because no ones a lions fan lol. So i did. He became a fan because his dad told his sons they could pick any team. He picked lions cause they were his favorite animal lol.
  • Kate
    Devoted June 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    I’m the football fan in the relationship. FH doesn’t actually care for football too much while I love my Packers! He sometimes likes to watch football but he doesn’t get as into it as I do but he does tend to root for the packers when they’re playing.
  • S
    Savvy April 2018
    Sheureka ·
    • Flag
    My husband and I love the same high school football team; West Bolivar Eagles.! We both graduated from the school in 2003, I supported him as a classmate while playing the game, and now I support him as hes the offensive coordinator for the team, MY COACH...😏😀
  • Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Interesting to see that you're the football fan!! Go cheeseheads!! Haha.

• Neffe
    Master July 2020
    Neffe ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love this! A peaceful football union!! Smiley kiss

• Kristina
    Dedicated July 2019
    Kristina ·
    • Flag
    I’m a huge football fan! Cowboys all the way! FH doesn’t really care to much about it!! Lol! So he just asks me questions about it! 😊😊 However, put a car in front of him and he’s all over it! We compromise, he asks me about sports and I ask him how it’s done to fix a car! LOL
  • Tiffany Rose
    Dedicated August 2018
    Tiffany Rose ·
    • Flag
    I'm personally not a fan of football lol. My FH likes football, he watches it and stuff but he's not a crazy football fan. He prefers watching soccer or basketball over football.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics