Karley
Dedicated October 2018

Ring

Karley, on July 4, 2017 at 4:38 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 79
Saved Save

Does anyone every take off their engagement ring? I haven't! I workout with it on and shower and sleep and everything! Just curious about everyone else!

79 Comments

• fallinthegarden
    Master October 2017
    fallinthegarden ·
    • Flag

I take it off to shower, sleep, clean, sometimes cook, and sometimes to exercise.

• DesertPolarBear
    Expert December 2017
    DesertPolarBear ·
    • Flag

I take it off to work out, shower, and sleep as you listed. I'm going to the beach this weekend and it will definitely be coming off for swimming and general beach time.

PSA: if you haven't yet please insure your ring! I lost mine and it was the most stressful experience I've had in a long time. It's now back and it's insured

ETA: I also don't like to cook with it if I am making meat or anything particularly involved. Don't want food gook in the prongs. I have a ring dish in the kitchen.

• Heather
    VIP September 2017
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Only time I took it off was at the beach and then I just put it on my neclace so I was sure it wouldn't go anywhere!

• Ashley
    VIP March 2018
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

The only time I take it off is when I shower.

• studentloansforlife
    Super September 2017
    studentloansforlife ·
    • Flag

I pretty much take it off when I get home and put it in before I leave. I only wear it to work or going out.

• Mrs_J
    Super September 2018
    Mrs_J ·
    • Flag

Completely agree with @DesertPolar, I take mine off for shower, sleep, clean and water activities. I also take mine off for travel with luggage to avoid hitting it too much. E rings take a beating lol so I'm trying to preserve my baby.

And yes get insurance! So cheap and necessary!

• Future Mrs.Scott
    Devoted June 2018
    Future Mrs.Scott ·
    • Flag

I take it off when I sleep. I started making indentions in my face. I take it off when I go to the pool and cook.

• Happy2becomeHower
    Devoted November 2017
    Happy2becomeHower ·
    • Flag

I take mine off to sleep, exercise and shower. And any trips such as hiking or beach.

• SiberianMama
    Devoted September 2017
    SiberianMama ·
    • Flag

Pretty much the only time mine comes off is when I'm putting on lotion or handling raw meat. Other than that, it's always on my finger.

• Beachy
    VIP November 2017
    Beachy ·
    • Flag

I take mine off for showering and heavy cleaning. Also when using lotion. I don't wear it to the gym as it hurts my hand and pinches my skin.

• Lval82
    Super December 2017
    Lval82 ·
    • Flag

Take it off for sleeping, cleaning, showering, lotion, exercising, and anything else that might damage it. It's insured but still way too important to me to risk it.

• SaraJ
    Super November 2018
    SaraJ ·
    • Flag

I hate taking mine off, but usually do when I shower, cook, or swim. I close it up in my glasses case because my asshole cat would bat it off the counter, even if it was in a dish hahaha.

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride ·
    • Flag

I usually take mine off when I'm dealing with water (besides drinking of course), cooking, and right before bed.

I also don't put it on when I plan on staying home all day to clean and get things done.

• Taylor
    Super October 2017
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I take it off to shower because it gets stuck in my hair haha but otherwise I don't take it off!

• IzziJones
    Super October 2018
    IzziJones ·
    • Flag

Not in the shower or when I putting on lotion or doing my hair.

• PerfectlyPolin
    VIP September 2017
    PerfectlyPolin ·
    • Flag

I take it off to shower, cook, clean and swim

• LillyBean17
    Master October 2017
    LillyBean17 ·
    • Flag

I wear a Qalo to work out, I never wear my engagement ring to the gym or playing sports. I don't want my finger to swell too much or get hurt with it on and need it to get cut off. This happened to me when I was in high school so I don't risk it now! I only wear my ring in public, I don't wear it around the house.

• Nicole
    Super November 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Mine only comes off when I'm putting lotion on.

• M
    Devoted March 2018
    MsGem ·
    • Flag

I never take it off

• Becoming a Spraggins
    Devoted July 2017
    Becoming a Spraggins ·
    • Flag

I don't shower, sleep, or do dishes in mine. I'm afraid it's going to go down the drain and I have a bad habit of clawing at any piece of jewelry I have on while I sleep even to the point of bleeding.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics