Alyssa
Master December 2019

Ring Scares?

Alyssa, on December 11, 2018 at 11:45 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 61
Saved Save
So as of today I officially can’t wear my ring anymore until it gets resized (3-10 weeks :-{)

i went to the gas station at overnight after not sleeping at night as usual and came home as dozed off for like an hour or two

at 8 I woke back up and immediately was missing that heavy weight on my left hand...

long story short it was lost for like 3rd time but we found it...

has anyone else out there nearly had a heart attack over a missing engagement or wedding ring? Did it slip off or did you take it off? How long was it missing?

Did you stol wearing it for a while? How did you “cope”?

61 Comments

• Kenisha
    Champion June 2019
    Kenisha ·
    • Flag
    OMG I would have lost my 💩 if I lost my ring.

Thankfully that hasn’t happened to me.

I’m glad you found your ring 💍 & that you’re getting it resized.
  • Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Oh gosh! I haven't lost it but I have forgotten to put it back on after the gym. It makes me sad to not have it on, I'd be devastated if I lost it!!!
    I would wear it on a chain until it goes to get resized!
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Definitely scary. Do you have it insured?

Thankfully my ring fit perfectly without being resized, but it does get pretty tight at times in the summer.

• FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

Thankfully I've never lost my ring, but I have taken it off to shower and forgot to put it back on and then went to work without it like one time! That whole day I felt weird and didn't realize how much I played with it until I didn't have it on!

• Brae
    VIP September 2019
    Brae ·
    • Flag
    I haven't had a big scary moment thank goodness, but because we like to camp I bought a silicone ring. I wore that while my ring got resized so that I had something on my finger. We were camping when he proposed and it was too big, so I was nervous the entire time, but never couldn't find it for more than a few minutes.
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl I can’t even tell you the waterworks at this house lol

its all good once you find it though it’s almost like I love it more lol
  • ~🐍future Mrs.jared Bennett🦡~
    Beginner September 2019
    ~🐍future Mrs.jared Bennett🦡~ ·
    • Flag
    It fell on my hand finger while I was sleeping and I have a king bed I flipped that bed and tore up my room looking for it.
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m trying to steel myself to just do without it and have it resized but I feel like you... i think Its going to be extra hard because it has to go to New Zealand, get sized, and get back

i think I am going to wait until after the new year because Christmas without my ring sounds tragic to me lol
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I have a silicone ring I wear when I can't wear my engagement ring!

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s insured

but this is the one SO gave me when he proposed, ya know?

the gold can be replaced but I don’t know if your feelings just transfer to new ring...

i guess the post should have been

Who ost their ring and how do you feel about your replacement?
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m sure!! I think that it’s a subconscious thing for me... I like to twist it with my right hand...
  • Alexandra
    VIP June 2019
    Alexandra ·
    • Flag
    It hasn’t happened to me but I would be in a panic!!!

I did freak out when one day a few months ago I discovered that my solitaire diamond was loose Smiley surprise We were in the car and all of a sudden I realized I could wiggle it around in the setting. As soon as we got home, I put it in the box and got it to the jeweler ASAP. Luckily I noticed it before it was lost! Now I’m extra vigilant.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I totally understand. I would be devastated if I ever lost my ring, but at least if it's insured, you're losing the emotional aspect, not the emotional and monetary aspect. Something is better than nothing, I suppose.

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m glad to hear that you’ve found yours so quickly!! We are talking about a “place holder” ring

just ordering the 100 one so I still have “my” one ring while my actual ring is resized but I still think I want the chain and to keep it through the new year

fingers crossed it’s not a huge mistake lol
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I tore up my entire house worse than my 2 year old lol

like it’s a wreck here lol

but I’m still all smiles... I have my ring and always have a mess to clean up anyway lol
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Does it look like or remind you of your ring?

do you “feel” differently about the temporary fill in?
  • Officiallymrsj
    Super October 2018
    Officiallymrsj ·
    • Flag
    I’ve never lost my ring but when we were on our honeymoon and went on an excursion one day I didn’t wear it and the whole time I kept thinking freaking out because I’d forget I left it and think I lost ( I actually had a mini panic attack bC I thought it flew off my finger while we were on a speed boat)
    And to answer your second question I think if I lost my ring and had to get a replacem I would feel a little sad , my husbband put so much work into picking my center stone and designing it !!
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Definitely!!!

i can’t imagine how upset someone would be if they not only lost an engagement ring but also had to save for who knows how long to replace because of not having insurance

having insurance makes me feel like it will be okay regardless even if it’s not ideal (ideal being I have my ring still on in the grave lol)
  • Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Wow that’s so sweet

pic?
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No, it's just a plain silicone ring! So not the same, but I don't feel any different wearing it.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics