Jackie
Super March 2012

Rethinking...

Jackie, on March 15, 2011 at 4:35 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 29
Saved Save

My wedding is March 11, 2012 in this really elegant place. My colors are pink orange and a hint of yellow. This is a really tropical color scheme and the plumeria flowers are tropical as well.

I am not sure if I should stick with this color scheme with such an elegant place. Do you think I should change it to Pink black and white? or something more formal? I would still be able to use the plumerias but they would be all pink with white accents while mine would be all white with pink accents.

Is it too late to change the color scheme? Should I just leave it as a Fun tropical feel in an elegant room??? All of the pink orange and yellow weddings i search for are really bright and fun but im wondering if this should be a more formal setting instead.

I think it might clash, I really need your advice. Thank you!!!

29 Comments

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

Please help? Bump!

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

Any one have an opinion? maybe a coral color or something?

• Kimberly
    VIP August 2011
    Kimberly ·

From what I can tell the space is very neutral so any color palette should work. I don't think you should go more formal with the decor if you're going for fun & tropical. That being said, tropical does not have to mean informal~ Take some guidance from Tommy Bahama and keep the tropical bright colors and just elevate the design. Going modern with the centerpieces will help, and don't over-do the colors. I would keep the table linens neutral with bright pink or orange napkins. Go bold with the centerpieces and maybe consider uplighting if you can budget it in.

• B
    Expert May 2012
    Brandi ·

If you love the tropical colors, go for it!

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·

What is the name of the place again?

It is very pretty... does it always have the material at the ceiling? or is that just how the one bride had it decorated?

Were you doing outdoor pictures? I don't think you need to change your colors or dress options unless you don't want them anymore.

There are not many pictures of the wedding party taken in the hall. You will do most of your pictures with your girls getting ready, at the church or outdoors. I think your colors will work well.

What were you thinking for linens or centerpieces?

• Mrs H.
    Master May 2011
    Mrs H. ·

You have a lot of time to change. That picture makes the lighting look kind of pink/orange. Will you have other lighting if you change your color scheme? If you don't that lighting might wash our orange and pinks anyway. Maybe it's just a bad pic.

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

The centerpieces are provided in the venue and unfortunately I am already over budget as it is. I'm not sure if I want a tropical theme, I really would love for it to look sophisticated I'm just afraid that this may be to childish I guess. I have never heard of Tommy Bahama I'll have to look that up.

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

THe place is The Fredericksburg Square and the material is there for good. I do like it and I love the soft lighting

I think We will do a few outdoor pictures through down town and theres a garden near by, I think. I love the BM dress but im thinking the color may be too loud (there will be orange BM dresses too.)

They offer a second centerpiece that is a little less formal but I think I like the black or white linens

Maybe the dark lighting will bring down the brightness of the colors. We'll have to see and the wedding will be from 4PM to 8PM so it will get darker during the reception.

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·

You can always do 2 colors for the BM dresses... Fuchsia and yellow if you think the orange is too much... but still do the colorful flowers we put together last time. The orange isn't even that bright.

What are the free centerpieces? Hurricane lamps? or the tall ones in the picture. either way... The black and white linens look good with your dresses.. The black lace on the dress makes it formal looking... the girls won't carry their flowers everywhere... I'm guessing you will do vases at the head table and use them as decorations there.

I think you are over thinking it, and everything will look great together.

Most of the pictures on line with your colors have short party dresses and giant gerber daisy bouquets. I think your dress selection is very formal looking and will look beautiful in that room.

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

Well were doing a sweet heart table and in this picture the center pieces are hurricane vases, the second option is like this but square. im actually not sure where the BM flowers will go, maybe around the bottom of the cake stand make it florally.

Maybe a lighter pink with the orange would look good... I do love how classy the dresses look maybe ill play with the colors the dress comes in

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

Thank you Hayley you are such a great help like always!!! that looks great! Thank you!

• Nancy Taussig
    June 2019
    Nancy Taussig ·

What time is the ceremony and what time is the reception? Evening is usually more formal than afternoon.

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

The wedding would start at 4 and the ceremony probably begin at 5.

• Michelle Libman
    June 2019
    Michelle Libman ·

I love the colors. I think you should stick with them. Plus, your dresses are elegant so I think it will tie into the room very well.

• Hayley C™
    Master March 2008
    Hayley C™ ·

Again... pick a more formal cake... and everything will look great in the room.

The long dresses are formal. Very pretty... Go for it.

• Laura
    June 2019
    Laura ·

If your orange is going to be a bold orange (as opposed to creamsicle) stay with the bolder pink/magenta like Hayley shows above. Otherwise the pink will be overpowered and the orange will be too prominent. I think your colors will be fine. Unless your bringing in coconuts and palm trees—the look will come across as sophisticated in that space, but not necessarily tropical.

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

Alright Sounds great Thank you so much for your help Looks so great!!!

• Stoned Koala
    VIP September 2012
    Stoned Koala ·

Hehe I love Hayley's photoshop

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

Me too! so awesome! =)

• Jackie
    Super March 2012
    Jackie ·

Ooh I just found this, What do you think?

Or the more fuschia-ish pink better?

Comment on this discussion