Requirements for Sandals Jamaica
So I am a little confused on the requirements for getting married in Jamaica. I was instructed to send the marriage application, and each of our birth certificates (notarized copy) which when I spoke with the resort, they said I could make a photo copy of the birth cert and have it notarized and send. However, I am learning a notary is not to notarize a copy of an birth certificate. You obtain a certified one for that reason. I purchased one from my county of birth and my fiance's is his original (which we won't get back). Does anyone have a clear explanation they can share of what to send?

Married: 09/17/2013
Posted On: Jul 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM • Vendors are allowed • Add to My WatchlistFlag As Inappropriate0 likes

3 Comments | Login or Signup to post a comment!

Randi At RanJan Travel

Randi At RanJan Travel, LLC
Jul 08, 2013 at 9:40 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
If you go on the Sandals website, it explains in detail what you need, and how long in advance it needs to be sent!
Jul 08, 2013 at 9:51 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Seriously? Get married at the clerk here and do a vow renewal there.
Jul 09, 2013 at 1:29 PM • Flag As Inappropriate
Proof of citizenship - certified copy of birth certificate, which includes father's name.

Parent's written consent if under 18 years of age.

Proof of divorce if applicable (original certificate of divorce).

Certified copy of death certificate for widow or widower.

Italian nationals celebrating their wedding in Jamaica must notify their embassy and have a certified copy of their marriage certificate forwarded to their embassy to be legalized and translated.

French Canadians need a notarised translated copy of all documents and a photocopy of the original French documents.
Login or Signup to post a comment!

Topics

Vow of Conduct