mrsattaway2008
Dedicated July 2008

Renewing vows?

mrsattaway2008, on October 11, 2011 at 3:36 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save

After watching Basketball Wives LA and watching Doug and Jackie Christie say they get married every year, it makes me wonder if I should renew my in 2013 for my 5 year anniversary. Should it be done every 5 years, every 10? What do you guys think?

13 Comments

• Carrie
    Master December 2011
    Carrie ·
    • Flag

I always see celebrities renewing their vows but I have never met anyone in person who has actually done it. I have attended anniversary parties for people who have been married 40/50/75 years etc.

• Gonna B Mrs. B
    Super August 2012
    Gonna B Mrs. B ·
    • Flag

If I did that it would be at 10yrs I thing its a bigger accomplishment or a higher anniversary

• Private User
    VIP October 2022
    Private User ·
    • Flag

I say you guys do it when YOU want to.

• Reina
    VIP April 2012
    Reina ·
    • Flag

For me if I was going to renew vows I wouldnt do it all the time. I would save it for Milestone like 25 years.

• Patricia
    Master December 2011
    Patricia ·
    • Flag

I thought Seal and Heidi were the only two who does it every year, I plan on renewing my vows daily...well with my husband and maybe I'll celebrate our anniversary every year though, I might do a vow renewal in 5 years but there's a big maybe here, I don't think it's necessary.

Do whatever pleases you and your hubby. good luck

• M
    Expert August 2012
    MrsPtoBe ·
    • Flag

Your wedding is still relatively fresh! I personally have only been to 25+ year anniversaries.

• Miss Tattoo
    VIP September 2012
    Miss Tattoo ·
    • Flag

Seal and Heidi do it every year and throw some kind of theme party. If you can afford a big party every year then do it.

My friend has been married for 10 years. They got married at the beach right after high school. Every year they go back the beach and say their vows to each other. No big party. No one there. Just the two of them.

For their 5 year anniversary, they did have a dinner after they got back from the beach. For their 10 year they did invite everyone to the beach this summer for it and then went out to dinner.

It doesn't need to be something crazy.

• Army Wife, Navy Sailor
    Expert April 2015
    Army Wife, Navy Sailor ·
    • Flag

Well i dont watch the show but me and the hubby are renewing our vows at 5 years.

We didnt go all out the first time we got married so we are doing it for this one.

• Kimi K
    Master February 2012
    Kimi K ·
    • Flag

Since we're getting married on leap day our real anniversary will only happen once every 4 years. We've entertained the thought of renewing our vows in fun & different ways every anniversary [every 4 years]. Vegas, new orleans, underwater, on the empire state building, skydiving, etc. Fun ways to just celebrate us. We wouldn't have a huge party - it would most likely just be us and possibly a few friends or so. Don't know if we'll actually do it - it'll all depend on finances & what our schedule permits :o)

• Celia Milton
    February 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

I've done a number of vow renewals; sometimes on a milestone date, sometimes after a particularly rough year/years. I think it's lovely.

I also have two couples who renew every year!

• Celia Milton
    February 2020
    Celia Milton ·
    • Flag

I've done a number of vow renewals; sometimes on a milestone date, sometimes after a particularly rough year/years. I think it's lovely.

I also have two couples who renew every year!

• Lindy Giese
    February 2020
    Lindy Giese ·
    • Flag

My husband and I plan to do it every 10 years. This June will be our 10th anniversary and we are just starting to plan. We want to do something fun and Dressy but nothing over the top. Really just a great reception!! I think it is great to do!!

Also, I make Bridal Jewelry and really need an excuse to wear some of the creations!! LOL!!

www.penellibelle.etsy.com

• Julie Lindsay
    February 2020
    Julie Lindsay ·
    • Flag

In Florida we have lots of couples do vow renewals on the beach. Just the two of them with flowers, an officiant sometimes cake and champagne. Its a great way to make that commitment front and center again. I vote for every 5 yrs, just something simple on a vacation at the beach, mountains..... Paris :-)

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics