Jessica
Devoted April 2012

Registry

Jessica, on October 4, 2011 at 11:33 PM Posted in Planning 0 12
Saved Save

FH and I are trying to figure out what to register for. We are thinking about registering at Bed Bath and Beyond, Target, and possibly one other store. We live together and have a lot of things and are having a hard time figuring out what to put on the list. I know there are a lot of ladies on here who live with their FH, what did you guys register for??

12 Comments

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Basically, we're getting stuff to decorate our whole place... Smiley smile

• Beth
    Expert May 2012
    Beth ·
    • Flag

FH and I struggled with what to put on our registry as well. We ended up going with stuff for entertaining, such as serving platters, chip and dip trays, etc. We have lived together for 4 years, but that is one thing we did not have.

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Kinda NWR BUT my mom took my registry and said "this will make a GREAT Christmas list for me!!" SO if you can, try to make your registry after Christmas if your mom is a Christmas psycho like mine!!!

But to add to my earlier comment, we got decor, a new bed set because those are always nice... And like Beth said, serving plates and everything else of that nature. we even added a wine rack... we don't drink a lot of wine, just for holidays but it will really class up our dining room Smiley smile

• Jessica
    Devoted April 2012
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

We were thinking of getting a comforter, another sheet set, good set of pots and pans, and maybe some nice towels. Serving platters and just decor for the house is a great idea! I know once we make it to the stores we will find so much random stuff to get but it's always nice to have an idea of what to get.

We live in a condo now though and plan on moving in the next year back to Iowa so I definitely want to ask for things for when we get a house. Of course small enough things that we can bring with us or leave at my parents house til we buy a house, I know they'd hold it for us if we didn't have enough room.

• Olivia
    Super April 2014
    Olivia ·
    • Flag

Ask for totes for moving lol jk... but seriously, they can get pricey sometimes...

• Lisa
    Super August 2012
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

I live with my FH and he thinks its dumb of me to get new things when our are just fine... So I used mine for upgrading. I put a lot of picture frames on mine.

• Jessica
    Devoted April 2012
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Well the reason I said pots and pans is because we literally have 2 pots... and they are huge. I want a decent set of different sizes. We aren't going to ask for things just to have them, we'll definitely make use for them.

I was thinking of picture frames for mine too. Also maybe asking for things for ourselves instead of "us" or the condo/house. Who knows. It'll be another story once we finally get to the store!

• Rachel W.
    Master May 2012
    Rachel W. ·
    • Flag

We didn't want to register for stuff like that. We've lived together 4 years now, and we've got so much stuff I can't find room for it all. So we registered at a honeymoon registry and will also supply donation information in lieu of gifts.

• NJ Bride
    VIP September 2011
    NJ Bride ·
    • Flag

We'd been out of college for over 4 years and living together for 1 (living away from parents for a while too), so we had a similar problem. What we realized though was that we had a lot of mix and match stuff. He had 6 matching plates and I had 8 matching plates but they didn't match the bowls that we each had and so on and so forth. We ended up getting a lot of things to replace what we already had. I also had cookie sheets that had kinda gotten gross and I wanted a second muffin pan, etc. Then there was some of the new stuff I couldn't afford or justify - a nice mixer, a breadmaker, or even something as simple as a garlic press, etc. We then also registered for our nice china and a really nice set of pots and pans. We're still working on swapping everything out. Smiley smile Trying to donate and give away all the old stuff that is still in good condition!

• Sarah
    Expert December 2011
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

I thought it would be difficult to find things to register for as we already have our own house...but the more I looked around the websites and in the the store...it became easier than I thought! We registered for home decorating stuff, upgraded things from what we already have...like pots/pans. New towels..a shower head (ha!)..and then fun things like board games (newlywed game!!) and fishing poles!

• HiiS EverythiinG
    Expert July 2012
    HiiS EverythiinG ·
    • Flag

Well at Bed Bath and Beyond the employees are so helpful they may be able to assist they helpes me with EVERYTHING!!!! also if you want there are honeymoon help websites if you want to do that as well.

• H
    Devoted September 2012
    Holly ·
    • Flag

We're using MyRegistry.com cause you can register for anything from any store. So we've got some typical registry upgrades but we've also got unique, more "us" things like restaurant gift cards, art supplies (we're both artists!) and theater tickets. i say as long as it's something you guys will use together as a couple, it's okay to go on the registry!

Comment on this discussion