M
Master March 2011

REGISTRY!

Mrs. Boat, on May 23, 2010 at 7:49 PM Posted in Planning 0 30
Saved Save

FH and I went and did our registries at Macy's and Target yesterday. Oh my gosh! I didn't know it was going to be so difficult! FH wanted one thing, I wanted another... we didn't agree on bedding nor bathroom stuff... we didn't get china (that's too "stuffy" for us, and at $150 a setting... that's ridic)... and he registered for random stuff: an outdoor thermometer and a fire pit (um, we don't even have a patio), a tools set with a drill AND another separate drill (he's saying "they're different"), 2 types of beverage dispenser thingies (one for water and the other for tea, OF COURSE), 193752 knife sets (lol), and 2 water guns. Lesson of the day: don't give the scanner gun to FH. I registered for the important stuff, like the beer mugs, margarita glasses, margarita maker, martini glasses, and a gig a$$ shaker Smiley smile

Y'all... I'm excited.... I really want that KitchenAid stand mixer!!!! LOL

What is something "random" you or your FH/FW/DH registered for??? (cont'd)

30 Comments

• M
    Master March 2011
    Mrs. Boat ·
    • Flag

... All you married ladies or those who have already received gifts (and opened them, OH NO! BAD GIRL!): what is something random or not in your registry that you got? Pictures would be fab Smiley smile

• Aussie Bride
    Master February 2010
    Aussie Bride ·
    • Flag

I cant remember what we registered for with the wedding but my hubby went crazy with the baby registry. He kept changing his mind so we ended up with 3 different bedding sets, 2 different mobiles, 2 or 3 lamps and so much monkey or baseball stuff that when we got home I had to make him go back through it with me and decide what he actually wanted lol

• Aussie Bride
    Master February 2010
    Aussie Bride ·
    • Flag

Oooh only 1 guest got us something from our registry! over 50% didnt even bring a card. We got a big glass bowl from one person and it was almost the same as our centrepiece bowls and we still have no idea why we got it and then we got this huge photo frame thing that we couldnt bring back with us because we were flying so its still at his parents.

• Sheila
    Master May 2011
    Sheila ·
    • Flag

Fh "woopsed" and put a night after item on there!! i about killed him! then he went home bragging to his mom about it! good thing i get along well with his mom. it was a fun time

• M
    Master March 2011
    Mrs. Boat ·
    • Flag

@Aussie- Ant (my FH) wanted to put baby clothes in our registry... to trip people out LOL Smiley smile

@Sheila- OoOOh girl! What kind of "item" was it!? Smiley winking I wannnnna knowwww Smiley smile

• Cindy
    Super October 2010
    Cindy ·
    • Flag

It was super difficult for us too. We have really different taste is style. haha. But we FINALLY completed it this weekend. Whew. It was such a relief. I would say our "random" item would probably be a terabyte harddrive. haha. I also put suggested giftcards to other stores on my wedding website registry link...one being to a online jeep parts store for my FH. He was so excited.

• M
    Master March 2011
    Mrs. Boat ·
    • Flag

I think we are going to register at Lowe's so FH can have "real man" tools Smiley winking

I am asking for Hobby Lobby (awesome decor stuff!) & Walmart (gotta get those groceries lol) gift cards as well. I'm soooooo excited! LOL It's going to be like Christmas... except I get a husband too Smiley smile

• Cindy
    Super October 2010
    Cindy ·
    • Flag

Haha. ROFL. Best gift of all Smiley laugh

• M
    Master March 2011
    Mrs. Boat ·
    • Flag

Yes, he's my best gift so far Smiley winking

Me: "Baby, should we register for..... lube?"

FH:" um..." ::blank stare::

Me:"Baby?"

FH: "....maybe? It IS a wedding necessity..." ::insert naughty smile::

LOL Smiley smile

• Cindy
    Super October 2010
    Cindy ·
    • Flag

Haha. Nice. Smiley smile I really don't see why they don't have that on the checklists. Haha.

• * maryke
    VIP July 2010
    * maryke ·
    • Flag

FH didn't get to even go with me. He HATES shopping. He did his registering for tools and whatever other garbage he wants online. I did a lot of mine online too. I think he registered for a weed whacker to be honest.

• L
    VIP October 2010
    loveat1stsite ·
    • Flag

We went to Bed Bath and Beyond today...told me I had 20 minutes and started a stop watch on his iphone...he kept telling me that he didn't want to be there...blah blah blah...and didnt want to hold the gun...then all of a sudden, it would be "babe, hand me the gun." So ridic...then he kept analyzing everything..it was crazy. needless to say, we were there MUCH longer than 20 mins.

• kt
    Dedicated November 2009
    kt ·
    • Flag

The weirdest gift we got that wasn't on our registry was gardening gloves and tulip bulbs... ?????? People, people- either give money or pick something on the registry!! Why do people think they know what's better for us?

• M
    Master March 2011
    Mrs. Boat ·
    • Flag

LOL y'all Smiley smile

@Love- FH held the pal-pilot looking thing at Macy's... then at Target, he handed me the gun so I would feel like I had a part in it lol.

@KT- I know right!? Money, gift certificates, or something from the registry... I'm scared at what people might get me lol

• L
    Beginner May 2011
    Lorin ·
    • Flag

People that shop for a "deal" cant do that when it comes to a registry, they have to pay full price, because we chose it. So, the big companies get the best of us and profit the most from our wedding registry.

There are also a lot of neat registry options out there, one of which is where people buy household items for themselves that they already have budgeted to purchase. They are green, highly condensed, safe and more cost effective. Your guests will get $100 of free items to try, tax deductible & 4 month money back guarantee. But sense they dont advertise, pay for shelving, etc. they put more into the product, save the guests money and give the wedding couple a handsome residual commission for each guests referred. It is a win-win for you, the guests and the world!

Since 19 out of 20 people who try it continue to use them every month, you will continue to earn a large commission every month! Definitely a smart move to put along side a traditional registry option. ASK ME HOW.

• MrsDevine
    Master August 2010
    MrsDevine ·
    • Flag

"It's going to be like Christmas... except I get a husband too Smiley smile " I'm so quoting this somewhere! lol. im loling over here so bad at you ladies. now i wish i would have dragged his butt to the store! he would have been funny. i know theres a few things at bb&b that he would like

• Wicked Lizzie
    VIP September 2011
    Wicked Lizzie ·
    • Flag

I dont think we registered for anything odd really I just looked though it and seems pretty normal lol

• M
    Master March 2011
    Mrs. Boat ·
    • Flag

UPDATE: So I sent FH's Hawaii grandma our registry info... She already bought us things from Macy's!!!!! Smiley smile She said she'd also check out the Target one soon... Um, I love that woman Smiley smile

• Eden
    Expert August 2010
    Eden ·
    • Flag

Hahaha, that was funny about your FH registering for all that stuff. I just deleted the stuff my FH registered for that was absolutely pointless... Ahh the amazingness that is online registry. Smiley smile "Honey, I dont know why no one bought you that -ugly- comforter set you wanted..." Smiley laugh

• Wicked Lizzie
    VIP September 2011
    Wicked Lizzie ·
    • Flag

Lol @Eden I just did the same thing and was thinking the same thing

I dont know why no one bought you that tic tac toe coster set for the coffee table we dont have lol

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics