Becca
Savvy October 2016

Registry gift shockers

Becca, on September 8, 2016 at 5:25 PM Posted in Married Life 0 18
Saved Save

We put mostly fun things on our registry for our active lifestyle because except for building supplies for home repairs, we are set. We added a shed in hopes of people giving gift cards to help us out on it. We got a phone call today that it's actually being delivered tomorrow. I'm incredibly grateful (as we will no longer have to pay for storage) but almost shocked that it was purchased and by whom did it. Anyone else ever been shocked by gifts they didn't think they'd get?

18 Comments

• ShortStack
    VIP June 2017
    ShortStack ·
    • Flag

We are working on our registry now. My FH wasn't too keen on spending the day at Bed, Bath and Beyond, where I was in cooking heaven lol. He googled "what should men put on the wedding registry" and then our Amazon registry is magically filled with all kinds of "manly" things that are super expensive. I'll be surprised if we end up getting any of the items he has chosen. Why he needs a tool chest with 15 drawers, I don't know. He has like five tools lol. Congratulations on your new shed! Perhaps you could use a 15 drawer tool chest Smiley winking

• Becca
    Savvy October 2016
    Becca ·
    • Flag

We have a tool chest but he did register for tools for his shop lol.

• Swin.
    Master June 2016
    Swin. ·
    • Flag

We registered for this hedgehog doormat because it's just so stinking cute. But, I didn't think anyone would get it.

Then, we got this beauty in the mail! Yay!

• Lisa
    Super October 2017
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

Funny because I was joking with one of my coworkers yesterday about registering for a dishwasher because we don't have one. Maybe we should now! lmao

• Rebecca
    Expert December 2016
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

@Becca I love that you guys registered for a shed! Where did you register?

We totally want to register for useful things. A fire extinguisher. Heavy duty flashlights. But alas, Lowe's doesn't really have a registry.

• Karla
    Devoted October 2017
    Karla ·
    • Flag

FH half joking/half serious ask if we can register at autozone. I'm like uhhh nope. He's says his friends WOULD buy him stuff from there. I'm like sweetie now we are just registering for towels hahaha

• Becca
    Savvy October 2016
    Becca ·
    • Flag

We used Amazon.com because we can add almost anything and we did lol.

• Mrs.Whooooo
    Master May 2017
    Mrs.Whooooo ·
    • Flag

FH probably put a dozen different types of K-cups on ours. We'll see if we actually get any. I shouldn't have left him alone with the scan gun haha

• Becca
    Savvy October 2016
    Becca ·
    • Flag

I do think FH should have rules for registering....he was the one who put she'd on ours. It's practical but I was shocked that it was purchased. First gift too lol.

• Liz
    Super December 2016
    Liz ·
    • Flag

We desperately need a new mattress so I added it to our registry half kidding in case someone really wants to buy us one. Highly doubtful, but still might as well try.

• Marci
    Dedicated October 2016
    Marci ·
    • Flag

We got the newest gopro! We put it on there just in case but didnt really think someone would by it for us! I scanned a neat scanner and I realllllllly want that!

• marryingmyknight
    Super April 2017
    marryingmyknight ·
    • Flag

We registered for Amazon. FH wants us to register in one other place to "even us out". Regardless, we have some awesome stuff on ours. You never know what people will want to buy you!!!

• Rachel
    Super October 2016
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

I was shocked that we got a $250 calphalon knife set. It's freakin awesome-has sharpeners built into the block. I forgot we invited my mom's very sweet and rich friend. It was a combo shower/wedding present, or "shedding" as she put it lol

• Dena
    Master April 2017
    Dena ·
    • Flag

Great, now I NEED a hedgehog doormat.

• Jackie
    Devoted November 2016
    Jackie ·
    • Flag

We got our kitchen aid mixer AND all clad pot set (about $1,000 worth of items) from one person. Granted, she's got multiple houses, is a ridiculously successful lawyer, and is probably worth multiple millions of dollars.....but to know someone loves us that much was just an incredible show of generosity.

• JSmith2U
    Master March 2016
    JSmith2U ·
    • Flag

We put a PS4 and a knife set on our registry for the completion discount. We were shocked to receive both of them! My husband's office bought the PS4 and a couple we are friends with bought the knife set.

As a reminder, get those thank yous out right away when you receive gifts before the wedding. I used to work for a 5 star hotel and I once saw a guest that had written the day they sent the gift and the day they received their thank you note on the invite envelope.

• Mrs.KatieK
    Master September 2016
    Mrs.KatieK ·
    • Flag

We put a moderately priced vacuum on our registry and got it. Also, a nice camping tent.

• Crescent 1894
    VIP March 2016
    Crescent 1894 ·
    • Flag

I was shocked to get the crystal candlesticks I registered for. My mom told me they were completely frivolous and no one would buy them since they were so impractical. She also told me to downgrade my crystal since what I initially picked was very expensive. I ended up with a lot of stemware and the first gift I opened was crystal candlesticks set!

Comment on this discussion