Brandy
Dedicated July 2019

Red wedding dress

Brandy, on April 9, 2018 at 2:24 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 50
Saved Save
Looking for some inspiration-my wedding is 7-6-2019. Me and FH have both been previously married, both courthouse wedding. First Time for both of us to put together a ceremony and reception. I am thinking about a red dress for the wedding, I look pretty good in red,and I like the wow factor if it. If I go with the red dress I'm not sure what color or colors for the bridesmaids. Any ideas ladies? Any tips on beautiful red dresses wanted too!

50 Comments

• M
    Expert July 2018
    Melissa ·

Your bridesmaids could wear black, yellow or yellowish-orange, dark blue, or khaki.

• Red Queen
    VIP May 2018
    Red Queen ·

My MOH bought a navy blue dress when I was planning to wear red. Sadly, I got scammed and my red dress was horrible, and I wound up with an ivory dress from David's.

The navy MOH dress is still lovely. It's not one of my wedding colours but she doesn't have to match the napkins, after all.

• Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    A navy would be pretty. So would white and gray. With the date a red, white and navy can be fun.
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I was thinking the same with the red white and blue, Navy is definitely one of my top choices. I was worried that I should have more "summery" colors though
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I thought that to plus the time of year ted, navy and white could be fun.
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol true! She doesnt need to
  • Colleen
    Master September 2019
    Colleen ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It is July 4th colors. What is more summery then July 4th?
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm definitely feeling pressure to pick something, I'm stuck on colors and feel like I cant move forward with other things until I have my colors!
  • Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·

I love the idea of red, white, and navy, but if you are concerned about lacking a summery feel you could consider putting the maids in blush or pink to compliment your red dress.

When I think of red wedding dresses I immediately think of the wedding in the movie About Time

• Lindsey
    Dedicated October 2018
    Lindsey ·
    Red and purple comliment eachother or try a lighter shade of red and try some lights teals or blues.
  • Tracy
    Super January 2019
    Tracy ·
    I think ivory dresses would be gorgeous with red. I mean, C'mon... You're wearing red so why can't they wear ivory?
  • Sydnie
    Dedicated July 2019
    Sydnie ·
    Hey a date twin! White would look pretty neat! Kinda an alternative spin to traditions.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride Online ·

YES, to a red dress! My sister wore a deep red dress (which was gorgeous) and we bridesmaids wore black. Sophisticated. I think she had navy and ivory flowers in the bouquets for more color.

• LaraLouM
    Super May 2019
    LaraLouM ·
    I think ivory dresses would look very pretty with a red wedding dress!
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol that seem though lol
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    A twin, why did you pick the date!
  • Michelle
    Devoted June 2018
    Michelle ·
    My dress is red, by bridesmaids are wearing soft gold
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Ivory would be gorgeous with the groomsmen in navy blue maybe
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Do you have a picture of your dress?
  • Brandy
    Dedicated July 2019
    Brandy ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh my gosh your wedding theme, so unique, love it. How did u come up with the theme?what a beautiful bride!

Comment on this discussion