Aleks
Dedicated October 2019

Reception Decor - What Am i Forgetting?

Aleks, on April 30, 2019 at 7:57 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 3
Saved Save

Hello! I'm getting married October 26 and currently trying to plan out ceremony decor. My venue is a pretty classic ballroom, and I'm going for a "rustic glam" look with lots of greenery and gold/white accents. My florist is making centerpieces, but what other decor should I be planning for my venue?

We will definitely need place cards (guests have menu options) and a welcome sign, but I'm not sure what else I need to consider!

Thanks for any advice.

3 Comments

• Ashleigh
    Savvy August 2019
    Ashleigh ·
    I have a similar theme, more of a boho glam look. Our venue is already beautiful and the lighting is all done with lanterns so we didn’t need too much decorating wise. Here’s a list of what I’ve gotten for venue/ceremony.
    Rose Gold votives, faux eucalyptus (from hobby lobby), outdoor solar lanterns for deck tables, rose gold table runners for guest book table/seating chart table, welcome sign, battery flickering candles, geometric candle holders, light up bar sign, tip sign & jar, table numbers, rose gold frames from dollar store for table numbers, sola flowers to throw on tables. For ceremony we aren’t doing a traditional arch. We got a pretty light pink material to drape, eucalyptus wreaths, lanterns with shepherds hook and faux flowers that will cascade out of them. My uncle is an artist and is making us a sign that will show guests what drinks we have at the bar. Good luck to you!
  • Ashleigh
    Savvy August 2019
    Ashleigh ·
    I’ve found that if you have a lot of ceiling lighting, gold or rose gold table runners look amazing under the light! Maybe grab some gold tablecloths/runners for cookie tables or gift table!
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

Hi there Aleks!

If you’re looking for more inspiration about what to do for your decor, I would recommend you check out Pinterest! I LOVE that site. Search your theme or even your venue, and you will get lots of inspo for your wedding decor!

People often use there guest book table to incorporate their theme.

Do you plan on having a guest book at the reception?

Comment on this discussion