Danielle
Savvy June 2018

Reception decor help!

Danielle, on October 23, 2017 at 10:40 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 10
Saved Save

We have a great reception location, at our golf club, the only thing is that there are pictures everywhere of golfers, etc. I don't think that they will remove them.

What would be a good idea for covering them up? Here's a picture of the main part i want covered, the collage on the wall, any suggestions would be amazing!

10 Comments

• muriel
    Champion June 2018
    muriel ·

I'll be upfront and say that I'm not a fan of draping. I think it makes weddings look like the inside of a jewelry box.

I would make an engineer's print (at Staples or other printers) of pics of you and your FI or family pics (his parents, your parents etc) and glue them on to a sheets of foamcore.

https://www.staples.com/sbd/content/copyandprint/engineering-prints.html

You might need to do two pics side by side to cover the whole wall.

You can use spray adhesive. Hang it over the whole collage, using 3M Command Strips. They can be removed with absolutely no damage to the wall.

You might need to glue a block of styrofoam on the back of the foamcore to make it stand far enough out from the wall to cover the collage.

• Samantha
    Beginner July 2018
    Samantha ·

Maybe some draping and fairy lights?

• Megan
    Just Said Yes March 2018
    Megan ·

I like the drape/fairy light idea too! Check out Pinterest for pics. It's relatively inexpensive...I bought a string curtain of lights (10ft?) for around $50? Maybe less? Then just get a cheap sheer curtain panel or two for behind!

• Megan
    Just Said Yes March 2018
    Megan ·

Visual...

• Danielle
    Savvy June 2018
    Danielle ·

Thank you all so much!

• Mozabrat
    Devoted October 2018
    Mozabrat ·

Pole and drape, with or without lights.

Most party rental places carry them in at least black and white.

• Mozabrat
    Devoted October 2018
    Mozabrat ·

Pole and drape, with or without lights.

Most party rental places carry them in at least black and white.

• firstoneat56
    Master August 2017
    firstoneat56 ·

Ask the venue what they do with the pictures for weddings.

• Trevor
    Savvy January 2019
    Trevor ·

I'm fairly sure previous brides will have covered these too so it might be worth asking the venue what others have done

• V
    Savvy October 2019
    Victoria ·

Ask if you can tape pictures of the couple or the couple's family onto the pictures. if you use some scotch tape it'll peel off and if you measure your pictures right it could look like the pictures of you are supposed to be there

Comment on this discussion