Brittany
Master April 2019

Real or fake flowers?

Brittany, on April 10, 2019 at 12:40 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 45
Saved Save

Tell me if you're using real or fake flowers for your wedding (or some other flower alternative), and why!

Personally, I am using real flowers. I really only get one chance to be surrounded by flowers in this capacity (besides my funeral, when I won't be able to enjoy them Smiley winking ) so I wanted to seize the moment. Luckily, our budget allows for my dream floral arrangements and I found the most amazing florist/design company that I just couldn't pass up working with. I have no doubt that they will be able to capture my floral vision perfectly, and I cannot wait to see the finished project in a little over one week!

45 Comments

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag

I'm actually using both live and real touch (fake) flowers!

• Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride ·
    • Flag
    Real flowers. 150% because I don't want to lift a finger or be involved lol. Our florist worked with my budget and I think I will be very happy!
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same tho Smiley laugh I give mad props to anyone who does their own flowers. The small amount of DIYs I have done have been such a pain.

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is interesting! I'd love to see what that ends up looking like! Or even inspiration pics? Smiley winking

• OnCloudRawls
    VIP June 2019
    OnCloudRawls ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have a person that is making the wedding party flowers with real touch. The floral arrangements will consist of live flowers and real touch. The real touch flowers in the floral arrangements will be fillers, more than likely. A team of a few people will make those floral arrangements though.

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Real! My venue is all inclusive and is providing them.

• Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Real! I loved the cost of of fake but honestly couldn't find any fake ones that I thought looked real enough. So real it is!

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's a nice perk Allie!

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·
    • Flag

I am using real personally because I simply cannot put the brain power into DIY'ing everything floral and I personally hate the look of fake flowers. I can tell every time. I agree with this being like the only time besides a funeral! Haha. My budget is $2,000 and I'll probably go a little over but I am getting mostly everything I want just scaling back some of the pricier flowers/size of things for like the alter and centerpieces.

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I am partial to real flowers too, I just love them. So much so, FH always keeps a fresh bouquet on our kitchen table for me (so sweet, I know, lol). We are doing real flowers through a florist, because I did not want the headache/stress of trying to DIY.

• Angerra
    VIP August 2019
    Angerra ·
    • Flag
    We're using real for the bouquets, bouts, and corsages. Unfortunately, I'm allergic so I cannot have a bunch of flowers around without looking like a sniffling, runny nose mess lol.

My mom is super crafty and will be doing our centerpieces with faux flowers.
  • Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I'm using fake partially because of price (cheaper to do it ourselves than a florist), partially for time convenience (if using fake we can put them together whenever and not have to wait until the night before like real), but mostly because I don't want to have to worry about allergies on my wedding day!

There will be real greenery/flowers for the centerpieces though! We're going to make edible centerpieces using herbs and edible flowers.

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

We are using all real!

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

We are using real! I love flowers and figured I would spend a little bit more getting real flowers vs fake for the wedding. We are actually DIYing the flowers though. We ordered from a farm in NH and will be going to another farm in Vermont to put them together the morning before the wedding.. I'm really excited about it Smiley smile Smiley heart

• Mrs. C
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. C ·
    • Flag

Both! Saved a bunch on my bouquet and bridesmaids bouquet with fake flowers (They look pretty real) and then the centerpieces was actually cheaper to buy bulk real flowers!

• Caylin
    Dedicated October 2020
    Caylin ·
    • Flag

We are getting real flowers but arranging them ourselves! It saves us so much money doing it that way too Smiley smile

• Jessie
    Devoted May 2019
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    I am doing fake. Since we are having an outside wedding in Florida I didn’t want them to start wilting. Also I would like to have them as a keepsake. Here’s a picture of what they turned out like

Real or fake flowers? 1

Real or fake flowers? 2
  • Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Angelena - you're definitely not alone! I feel like I didn't come equipped with the crafty skill set that would enable me to create bouquets and bouts and all of that! But I do love the look of the Sola wood flowers. I think if I wasn't doing real I would do those, and find a shop on Etsy to make all of my arrangements.

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is super sweet!

My FH got me flowers for Valentine's Day that mimicked the bouquet I'll have on our wedding day. I thought that was adorable.

• Brittany
    Master April 2019
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Well that's a really good reason not to have all real! Will you be okay carrying that bouquet around all day?! Smiley surprise

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics