We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kelsey
VIP September 2020

Ready to be off of work..

Kelsey, on September 1, 2020 at 9:38 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 19
Saved Save

1 more week left of work till I'm off for 6 days! I can't wait. I do have a question for you all how you would handle this situation. So all of my co-workers are coming to my wedding, I work in a small law office so it was easy to accommodate the number of co-workers with my guest list. One of the legal assistants I work with asked me this morning how everything was going. I had sent out the final payment to our DJ this morning so I told her that. I try not to go into much detail because I know some of things they don't need to know. After I told her that, she asked if I was nervous about any of our vendors cancelling because of COVID. Now I realize this is a possibility and could happen but it's easier to just keep going instead of panicking or overthinking it. I said no not really, whatever happens happens. Then she asked if I was worried about the wedding being cancelled, like no not really I just have faith and hope that things work out for the best. I'm starting to wonder if she doesn't want to come, I know she was fairly reluctant coming to the wedding to begin with because of COVID. Honestly, if she cancels I wouldn't be surprised or really hurt by that because well right now that's just the way things are. What do you guys think I should do? It just bugs me that she said any of these things, I find it somewhat rude but maybe that's just me. I realize that COVID is out there, but I also am in the mindset that it isn't going anywhere so we need to get use to this new normal we have right now..

19 Comments

Latest activity by Kelsey, on September 1, 2020 at 8:50 PM
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

I've had a few people ask the same questions; I've made it perfectly clear if they are unsure / worried about covid it's completely their choice not to attend and there are no hard feelings. I think if that's truly how you feel, let her know. It's not being rude it's being realistic in an unsure world.

Like you, we've just pushed forward from the start and continue to hold our faith that everything will work out. So far, it's been on our side.

• L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

That seems a little odd that she asked those questions. If she asks another question similar to those, maybe ask her as part of your response to her question if she feels comfortable attending the wedding?
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's kind of what I want to do. I just wasn't sure if it would come off as rude. But I don't really appreciate the almost negativity (maybe it's more concern, but it's not coming off that way).

And thank you! I'm so excited!!

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have too, she and her husband were 2 of the last RSVP's to come in. And I even told her before she gave it to me if she or her husband are not comfortable coming I totally understand and there are no hard feelings. I wish she would just say no we aren't comfortable coming.

Same here, everything seems to be going smoothly. Right now our biggest concern is the best man being able to fly out of Louisiana because of the hurricane that went through. But fingers crossed it will work out!

• Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You know some people don't want to be THAT person. And it sounds like she is THAT person, I wouldn't be surprised if they no-show and have some random excuse.

Fingers crossed for your best man, I'm sure it will all work out.

• Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I think the other factor is that most of us at the office are like ok this is how things are going to be and are continuing to live our lives. So part of me thinks she was influenced to say yes by the other ladies here. But oh well. Thanks!!

• L
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I don't think you would come off as rude! If she responds that she's uncomfortable attending (or even on the fence about it), you could tell her that it's totally her decision on whether to attend, you'd love to have her there, but you would understand if she doesn't feel comfortable, and that you can celebrate with her once COVID isn't a major threat. Otherwise, if she responds that she is fine with going to your wedding, then I wouldn't read too much into her odd questions. It's possible that she might know of someone who had to postpone/cancel last minute due to COVID, or had vendors back out on them last minute, and/or may just be concerned for you (even if it doesn't come across that way).
  • Margaret
    Rockstar October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. In ours - everyone is an essential worker and none of us have taken time off since before Covid, so we're all just ready to take time off.

Good luck, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I don’t find it odd but it’s also cause I’m super covid cautious and I’ve asked my bride those questions. Honestly speaking there’s not many people who have asked the bride what covid precautions she has taken and so during these times I think people just want to feel reassured
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have reassured her multiple times. I honestly don't think she wants to come anymore and I'm past caring at this point if she decides to come. I don't need the added anxiety of worrying about whether vendors are going to back out. While our venue encourages masks they don't force anyone too.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's understandable, you have a lot on your plate too and don't need anymore stress about it.

• M
    Super January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

She could have just been making conversation. COVID is certainly the hot topic of conversation for many people. I would work on not taking people's comments personally or reading too much into them. Just take the words at face value and then move on with your day.

• Molly
    Rockstar September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

I feel you! I only have today and half day tomorrow left. I am so ready to be off! I would just change the subject when you talk to her.

• Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    I agree with the suggestion that you ask her if she's worried about coming if this comes up again. You should also be prepared to tell her what precautions you're taking to keep your wedding safe.
    I got a lot of these questions before our wedding, but people were asking them months ahead of the wedding, not a couple of weeks before. At this point you probably have a good idea whether or not restrictions are likely to change in your area in the next several days, and she probably does too, so asking at this point is incredibly unhelpful and stress inducing. You would certainly not be rude to ask her how she's feeling about this and why she's asking those questions.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Like everything where I am is basically supposed to stay in place until the end of this month. My venue has a few restrictions that I have told her about because she has asked before too. I don't mean to be getting frustrated or stressed but at this point nothing is going to change
  • Super August 2020
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think most people are at least a little bit stressed out this close to their wedding, and she's being frustrating. Your response is completely reasonable. Try to ignore her/change the subject when you see her as much as possible if she won't stop bugging you. I hope your week goes by very quickly!
  • Sherri
    Devoted August 2020
    Sherri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly this! ⬆️
  • Sherri
    Devoted August 2020
    Sherri ·
    • Flag
    Getting All. The. Questions. was exhausting.

And came off often as wow. Did they say that?
    2020 is a wild ride. You have a great attitude going with the flow.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks I think I'm just tired is all. I'm tired of texts and phone calls. And I think my thought was going to work i can take my mind off the wedding at least for a bit and then to have the questions again is just like a lot.

Yes that wow did they really say has been happening a lot too. You described it perfectly

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles