Kara
Expert May 2019

Ready for the day to get here

Kara, on April 24, 2019 at 1:42 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save

So.. we got a ton of the big things done like right after we got engaged. But this last couple months has been the real stressful part. Getting everything figured out, decor and whatnot ordered, figuring out a timeline.. all that stuff. And I am absolutely 100% ready for the wedding day to be here. And my fiance has started his own business, he builds farmhouse furniture which has taken off like crazy, but he's been so tied up with that so it's like he hasn't had time for anything else.. just a crazy time with the wedding coming up. It's in the 80s here this week (South Carolina) and we are getting married at a country club right on the lake. I've been looking at the weather for May 18th LOL and so far it's saying the whole weekend is sunny. Since we are 3 and a half weeks away.. I know this could change but I'm going to keep praying it stays that way lol. And then Sunday after our wedding, we will be leaving for our honeymoon in the mountains. I can't believe we got engaged 14 months out from the wedding and now we are less than a month away!

I am waiting on some RSVP's from my fiance's family still. We aren't sure if many people will be coming due to them being teachers or having kids in school. But we didn't actually want a ton anyway.. his mom said we needed to invite everyone lol. But.. I did have some on my side that RSVP no. It makes me upset because they are my cousins who said 100% they were coming but here we are a month out and they can't come. (Long story about that) I am trying not to let it bother me because our day is going to be special no matter what. It just is a little disappointing when I have only 11 people from my side coming.. but we are so excited to celebrate with the ones who will be able to make it. My grandparents will be there which is very special to me.

We went and applied for our marriage license yesterday, just waiting for it to come in the mail. Ordered my fiances ring yesterday and a shirt for my son that says "Yup I'm The Ring Dude" lol. We will be working on our centerpieces and gifts for people between the next couple weeks. Not this weekend, but next weekend (May 4th) I am going to get a massage/facial and go out to eat with my future sister in law, who is my bridesmaids. My sister is my MOH but she's in NY and couldn't get more time off besides for the wedding but I am SO looking forward to a relaxing day that day - that will be my bachlorette party. I don't like to go out or drink so it's perfect. Also, we haven't told anyone yet. But I got my Mirena birth control taken out on Monday.. so we will be starting to try for a baby!!! We both have one son each who are both 7 going on 8 and we are very excited to bring a baby into this world to complete our family. So much big stuff going on. Ah, sorry for the long post.. just so anxious and excited to marry my best friend!!! How's it coming for all of you?

13 Comments

• Alicia
    VIP August 2019
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

So exciting!!! I definitely feel like this wedding-planning thing is a constantly weird mix of frustrating, stressful, and super exciting all at the same time!

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I absolutely couldn't agree more. But I know that when it comes time for the big day, it'll all be worth it to say "I Do" to my soon to be husband Smiley smile

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

So exciting! I smiled just reading all of this, so happy for you!

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!!

• Allie
    Master August 2019
    Allie ·
    • Flag

That all sounds very exciting! We are stuck in limbo waiting to hear back from jobs/interviews and whatnot but I am just so ready to be married and live under one roof!

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I hear you on that girl! Good luck!!

• Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    I really enjoyed reading your post. We are getting married next June and like you said the time ia moving quickly.
    So sorry all of your family can't be there. It's disappointing, I'm sure. You have the right attitude. Your day will be wonderful with the ones that can make itSmiley smile
    You may have a Honeymoon baby!
    Congratulations! Enjoy these last few weeks being a bride to be.❤👰
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is so sweet. Thank you so much Smiley smile

• Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You are welcomeSmiley smile
    Keep us posted !
  • Kristen
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    I’m so happy for you ! How exciting .. you’re so close!!
  • Alyssa
    Super September 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag

Yay! You sound like you have so much done and the day will be here before you know it!

I 100% feel like most days I can't decide if I love wedding planning or just want it to be over. We have all the big stuff done, so that's nice! However, I am quickly learning that the small details are what take up most of my time.

• Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! Exactly. I had fun getting all the big stuff done. But these small and last minute details are killing me. I truly just can not wait for the day to be here so I can enjoy it.
  • Kara
    Expert May 2019
    Kara ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics