Fiona
Expert October 2018

馃導 Rain

Fiona, on October 17, 2018 at 7:27 AM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved Save
So I know you can鈥檛 control the weather and that the wedding will be beautiful regardless. But after 17 months of planning our dream wedding I can鈥檛 help but feel bummed that on Saturday it鈥檚 calling for a 70% chance of rain. I know it can still change but my dream ceremony location is outside and I鈥檒l be bummed if we have to move inside. I have invested in some clear umbrellas for outdoor photos but I just need to vent cause my fianc茅 doesn鈥檛 seem as bothered as I am. (He doesn鈥檛 have to spend $140 on hair and makeup 馃檮)

7 Comments

• DC Wife 10.27.18
    Master October 2018
    DC Wife 10.27.18
    • Flag
    I鈥檓 sorry you鈥檙e upset. It鈥檒l still be a beautiful day though!!
  • latasha
    VIP September 2019
    latasha
    • Flag
    I totally get it!! We plan our wedding day for so long and when you envision an outdoor ceremony it would be nice if Mother Nature was kind to us haha. I鈥檓 also planning on an outdoor wedding and I鈥檇 be bummed if it rained. Take your moment to be bummed but don鈥檛 stay there lol. Your day will be absolutely perfect! Hopefully the weather will change up.
  • Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie
    • Flag

I'm sorry Fiona, but think on the bright side!!! At the end of the day, you still get to be married, you still have your friends and family there to celebrate with you, and, honestly, I think rainy wedding pictures are the best! Plus, rain on your wedding day supposedly means good luck!! Smiley sexy

• Jennifer
    Master September 2018
    Jennifer
    • Flag

I understand your frustration and need to vent. First - your hair and makeup vendors will know what to do to make sure both stay beautiful despite mother nature. Second - pictures in the rain are so darn pretty!!! Third, it will all be fine and in the end you won't even understand why you got so down. Hopefully the weather is wrong (usually is) and the timing works out that you can still have your ceremony outside, but if not, it will still be amazing! You won't notice anything but you & FH when it's happening. Lots of luck and congrats!

• Happily Ever Mrs. H
    VIP October 2018
    Happily Ever Mrs. H
    • Flag

Like I've said to many people before, weather is extremely unreliable! So keep your fingers crossed! It called for rain on my wedding day and as each day approached, the forecast kept changing and our big day was absolutely perfect!

• Amanda
    Super May 2018
    Amanda
    • Flag

It rained on my wedding day. I was bummed because I really wanted to host the ceremony outside, but our back up plan turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Our pictures are also stunning and when I think back, I didn't really think about the weather once that day, as I was so overwhelmed with the most amazing emotions about marrying my husband and celebrating with our nearest and dearest. Someone said to me (the week leading up to the wedding) that a wet knot is the hardest to untie. Best wishes for the most beautiful day, rain or not! Congratulations!

• Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Amanda! This is so well written it made me cry! Thank you for this! It actually makes me feel so much better 鉂わ笍

Comment on this discussion