Leti
Expert October 2009

Question for you ladies having a candy buffet...

Leti, on September 24, 2009 at 1:33 PM Posted in Planning 0 22
Saved Save

I just wanted some ideas of what else you are putting on the candy buffet table (besides the candy). We figured we would put at least one picture frame with a photo of us and a sign that says "Love is Sweet". Do you ladies have any other ideas of what to do?

22 Comments

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

I'm not having a candy buffet but if you want to vary the heights of the candy dishes/cups you could use boxes (with something heavy in them for stability) wrapped in pretty wrapping paper or fabric that coordinates with your colors and set the candy and decorations on top of them. Would give some visual interest to the table.

• Suzanne Smith
    November 2019
    Suzanne Smith ·
    • Flag

I like the photo with wording!

I am working on a fall candy display for a client. The containers are key. A variety of styles from Apothacary to square bowls looks amazing.

Add flicker LED votives in colorful cups for evening events and if you have a theme even small novelty items.

My fall display actually has cute cartoon Mice holding candy corn that we have attached to tops of candy jars and around a photo of the couple. These can be found at Terrys Village online.

Just 3 tiny ones that will make the guests laugh, not overdone.

Pretty favor boxes and cello bags with colorful ribbon are placed to one side for easy access.

We always do a table layout in advance and map this on a paper for day of setup.

The selection of the fill candy can add to the look. pick your favorites and easy to scoop varieties.

have fun!

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

That is a really good idea...but our bowls/vases actually already vary in shapes and sizes. That was something I knew would be a nice visual. But I might still consider doing that at least for the short bowls so thanks.

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

Flowerfairy...thans for all the ideas. I definetly want to look into the flicker LED votives. I am a little afraid that the position of the candy buffet might not be too noticeable to everyone so maybe some lights will help.

• Gershelda
    VIP October 2009
    Gershelda ·
    • Flag

We're adding votive candle, pumpkins(mini), curled ribbon, a sign that says when the buffet will open. I didn't think about a photo of us...that's a cute idea. Our containers vary as well, and we are going to add to that by putting boxes of varying heights and covering it up with the table cloth and runner.

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

WOW...that YOBOC idea is so cool, thanks.

• S
    Super September 2010
    SCheecks ·
    • Flag

I was going to have caramel apples at the candy buffet table. Also I agree with Flowerfairy about the lights, that would bring a beautiful glow to the table. I would say maybe having leaves scattered (fake) on the table... IDK.... sry... LOL! Smiley sad

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

Lol...thanks SCheecks. The leaves would be good since it's fall but wouldn't go with the "theme/colors" of the wedding. I might think of doing candy apples though.

• Konichiwa
    Master January 2010
    Konichiwa ·
    • Flag

YOBOC is really cool! Love that idea! Thx for sharing Ideal!

• S
    Super September 2010
    SCheecks ·
    • Flag

Cool, your welcome. Smiley smile I was gonna get married on ur day too! Had to move it back though. Good luckSmiley smile

• S
    Super September 2010
    SCheecks ·
    • Flag

Wats ur theme?

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

I saw your post about that! Sorry you had to move it back...it will be here sooner than you think. I think I've only seen one other bride-to-be on here that had the same date. Thanks...I'm down to the final countdownSmiley smile

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

Not really a "theme" but we're not going with the whole fall thing. Our colors are black and dark pink/fusia.

• S
    Dedicated June 2010
    soon to be... ·
    • Flag

Anyone have pictures of all these great ideas?? I'd love to see things, and I stink at visualizing without a picture :o)

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

I put up an board that shows a couple of pics of what I want my candy buffet to look like.

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

I love the sign that says "Please scoop responsibly. Friends don't let friends dance on a sugar high."

• Jenni G.
    Super May 2010
    Jenni G. ·
    • Flag

This could be really cute... don't mind the wrinkled cloth.. it was this lady's pre wedding mock up!

• Leti
    Expert October 2009
    Leti ·
    • Flag

That looks cute!

• Tamicha Roberts
    November 2019
    Tamicha Roberts ·
    • Flag

Hello brides in the Houston area. Let us design your Candy Buffet for you. www.Sugarbunchcandybuffets.com

Comment on this discussion