Jennifer G
Master September 2014

Pugs and weddings

Jennifer G, on September 16, 2013 at 6:03 AM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 22
Saved Save

So I foster pugs most everyone that is close to us knows our passion for pugs however, our theme is vintage victorian but because pugs represent who we are as a couple and our passion we want to incorporate them slightly. I decided I want a pug cake topper and I want our table number sto be pictures of our pugs other than that evrything is vintage, is this tacky or is it acceptable?

22 Comments

• Mrs. A
    VIP November 2013
    Mrs. A ·

You should do it. Its a cute idea!

• P
    VIP July 2014
    pittielvr ·

Love it! We feel the same only about pitt bulls. Our dogs will be in the wedding.

• Maggie N
    Master August 2013
    Maggie N ·

That is adorable and you should definitely do it! You can also find really classic/antique looking pig figurines. Our pitbull is our life so definitely understand!

• Jennifer
    VIP November 2013
    Jennifer ·

For some reason, I really want to see a picture of a pug in a monocle right now. He should also have a little tux on. I say do it, it will be cute, and special since it does have meaning for you!

• Jennifer G
    Master September 2014
    Jennifer G ·

That's what I thought but people are saying it doesn't go with my theme but it will be understated I'm not going to go all pug crazy lol

• Jennifer G
    Master September 2014
    Jennifer G ·

If I didn't have 8 currently I would have them in the wedding but it's to hard to decide which oone because I love them all even Old Fred who is my senior foster.

• Jennifer G
    Master September 2014
    Jennifer G ·

Here's the pic of it.

• Allison Lancaster
    September 2019
    Allison Lancaster ·

I say do it! Your wedding should be about your and FH's personalities...and if that is a part of what you love, do it!

• Jennifer
    Devoted October 2013
    Jennifer ·

Thank you for making me search for pug cake toppers, because look at how adorable this is: http://madamepommcustomorder.blogspot.com/2011/03/blog-post.html

• D
    Master May 2014
    D ·

Do it!!! : )

• Julie A.
    Super August 2012
    Julie A. ·

Our table numbers were a picture of my dog in a tuxedo. he looked very dapper, i must say. people were practically fighting over them to take home!

so obviously, i don't think it's tacky at all! it's you and that's what matters! and that cake topper is ADORABLE.

• Ashlee
    VIP October 2014
    Ashlee ·

I totally love this!!!!!! i want our babies in the wedding soooooooo bad but my mother says she doesnt want to be stressed and were having a church ceremony so i dont think they will allow my babies in there but i think you should totally doit!!!!!!!!!

• LaurenVictoria
    Super October 2013
    LaurenVictoria ·

DO IT! I love my dogs so much so I completely understand. I think its adorable, and its YOUR wedding and it will be fabulous. Do what makes you happy

• LaurenVictoria
    Super October 2013
    LaurenVictoria ·

Hehe

• Hot chocolate
    VIP November 2013
    Hot chocolate ·

Awww very cute Idea. I love it. For a second I thought you were gonna say you were having a pug ring bearer, I was gonna say NOOOOOOO. I don't think having animals in the wedding party is a good idea. But cake topper and table numbers pictures and ornaments is a wonderful idea and very original

• C
    Savvy October 2013
    Christa ·

DO IT!!!!!

Here is a sketch of our cake topper - puggle and pittie included =)

• J
    Dedicated October 2011
    Jane ·

The cake toppers are perfect. I think it is a very cute idea because it represents something you are both passionate about. Plus who doesn't like cute photos of pugs!?

• Jennifer
    VIP November 2013
    Jennifer ·

Thank you for the picture LaurenVictoria! Better later in the day seeing that than never... hahaha

• mscountry
    Master July 2014
    mscountry ·

I love it and i love pugs.

• Kristin
    Savvy March 2014
    Kristin ·

We wanted to do a pug cake topper too. We have a four year old pug! Where did you get that topper? I haven't found anything that cute (that is affordable)

Comment on this discussion